xix

| chapter - nineteen |

\ thou shalt not anger the god of thunder /

After the course of another day and running out of water officially, they all had decided to sleep once again. But this time, instead of it being in an abandoned junkyard type of place, it was dead out of the middle of nowhere on cracked ground.

But in a way, Avery liked this a little better. The ground may have been cracked, and there were still a few little bumps here and there. But her fuzzy vibration vision was somewhat doable. It wasn't crystal clear, but it wasn't impossibly fuzzy either. She tried to cherish it the best she could, before it could get taken away.

"Hey, hey." Thomas' voice was clear. "Get up, get up!"

Avery stirred, her body still aching from the tumble she took down the sand a day and a half ago. As Newt grabbed her shoulder and gave her a little jolt.

She flinched, "Blind!" She whined. Reminding him about rule number one on what not to do to a blind person.

But she then wondered why she said that, when it probably didn't even matter. But the thoughts dwindled instantly, figuring it might've been because of Nova.

"I'm sorry, love." Newt whispered. "But we need to get up." He instantly helped her to her feet, as she still felt sleep deprived.

"I see something!" Thomas' breath was hoarse and ragged.

Well, good for you Thomas. Ain't that something. Nova mumbled groggily. Sorry - I get a little cranky when I don't get a full nights sleep.

Avery couldn't help but mentally laugh. Though they shared different views, she would admit, that was pretty funny.

"What is it?" Newt asked. "What...?"

"You see that?" Thomas pointed toward the distance. "It's lights!"

"We made it..." Minho sounded almost hopeful.

Avery lowered her head and as she felt what seemed to be rumbling among her feet, "Wait a minute..." She listened to the ground. "Guys-"

She was cut off as the sky roared and crackled, as she flinched for the second time so far. "Not good... really not good."

"Let's go, we gotta go. Come on." Thomas picked up a backpack.

Newt didn't hesitate to grab onto Avery's hand, and without a second thought she clenched onto his as well, by some instinct.

"Come on, let's go, let's go!" Thomas rushed.

And so, they ran. They ran as thunder and lightning chased them with frightening speed. The voices of Minho and Teresa yelled, "Hurry!" and "Run!".

The ground crackled as lightning whipped the hardened sand, causing Avery's senses to scream. Being blind made her senses super heightened, and so therefore, much more sensitive than anyone else there.