Chapter Two

I could hear Zayn breathing and imagined his chest going up and down. I shook my head to get the image out of my brain.

"So, how old are you Helen?" He looked at me. I turned around and stared back at him.

"Sixteen, what about you?" I answered. "Same," he replied. I turned my head away and stared at the sea again.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

When we reached the island, I stepped out of the boat and jumped onto the sand. Zayn joined me and stood next to me.

"You guys can explore the island, but be back here by four-thirty so we can leave on time," The captain announced to everyone. People scattered across the island like cockroaches and disappeared.

"Is it just me, or does this company seem pretty cheap?" Zayn said behind me making my back shiver.

"It's cheap," I responded, not even looking back at him. I walked quickly into the jungle to try and find a pond to put my feet in and chill (also to get away from Zayn). Gigantic leaves that I have never seen before got in the way of the path and scratched my ankles.

By the time I found a pond, my shins and ankles were stinging with pain. So I took off my shoes and set the bottom portion of my legs into the cold water. The water made my wounds sting even more, but after a while they felt relieved.

I pulled my feet out of the water and laid them down on a nearby rock so they could dry. Then I heard rustling in the bushes and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

"Hey nerd," Zayn said slowly making his way toward me. "Um hi," I greeted and prayed to God that my feet would hurry up and dry faster.

"I guess I was right, nerdy people do like to be alone," He announced and leaned against a tree that I was unaware of what species it was.

"And why do you think that?" I snapped back at Zayn, making him a bit shocked.

"Just look at you. You quickly abandoned me and stayed away from people. It seems anti-social to me," He smirked and played around with a leaf hanging on a tree branch.

"Whatever," I mumbled and rolled my eyes. I did not need to waste anymore time with this troublemaker. Then Zayn suddenly appeared next to me whispered in my ear, "Wanna go swimming?"

I turned around to face him and saw him already with his shirt off. My eyes widened at the sight and then he took off his pants.

"Don't look at me, I'm changing," He somewhat scolded me and held up a pair of swimming trunks. I quickly looked back at my feet and felt my cheeks warming.

My legs were dry and I sighed. I put back on my Converse and got up.

"Where are you going?" Zayn questioned me. "I'm going to explore the island," I replied and started to walk away without even glancing at him.

Then I felt a warm hand wrap around my arm. "I thought you were going to swim?" Zayn pouted.

"Ugh, fine. But you better not look at me, got it?" I raised my eyebrows. He smiled and shut his eyes as he turned around in the other direction.

I threw my backpack on the floor and pulled out my bikini. It was just simply light blue with no additions. I tore off my dress and undergarments. Then I slipped on my bathing suit.

Then I pulled gym shorts out of my backpack and put them over my bottoms.

"You can look now," I told Zayn and he turned around. His jaw dropped to the ground as his eyes raked up and down my body.

"Damn..." Was all that he could manage to say.