Chapter Six

"We have fire now," Zayn got up and sat down next to me. "Why do we need coconuts?" I asked him.

"We have to put water in them and food," He replied, "Do you not know anything about camping?" "Nope," I smiled innocently.

"Did you bring a water bottle?" He asked. I nodded my head. "Okay, so we will get food and water tomorrow because it's getting dark and I'm sure that you brought lunch," He said.

"Okay then," I got up and walked over to my backpack and pulled out my sweater. I slipped it on because it was getting cold. I grabbed my lunch out of my backpack and sat back down on the wooden log. I pulled out half of my sandwich and began to eat it.

"Do you have lunch?" I asked Zayn. "No, I didn't think that I would be stuck on an island with you," He sighed and played around with the fire with a stick. "You can have the other half of my sandwich," I handed him the sandwich but he denied it. "I don't want to take your food. I'll be fine," He told me.

"No, I insist. I know you won't be fine because all of you boys are the same," I handed him the sandwich once again. "Okay fine," He grumbled and took it from me. I smiled and finished eating my half. Zayn finished his half in seconds. I knew that he was hungry.

"Your welcome," I told him. He glared at me, "Thanks." "You boys have such a big ego," I rolled my eyes,"I'm going to sleep, night." I got up and then laid down on the hard, wooden logs that were our shelter.

"You do realize that we have to share that," Zayn smirked and walked over to me. "Oh. Then I'm sleeping on the sand," I responded and sat up. "You'll be fine. Are you scared of me?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. "No, I've just never slept with a boy before," I replied and my cheeks turned bright red.

"I don't bite, I promise," Zayn tried to comfort me. "Okay okay, fine," I mumbled and laid back down. He laid down next to me and whispered, "Night."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

When I woke up, Zayn's arm was sprawled across my stomach. He was snoring loudly and he had dried up drool on his cheek. I sat up and his arm moved down to my thigh. I panicked and slapped it away. It landed on his stomach and he turned on his side, still snoring. I got up and walked over to the camp fire. I sat on the wooden log and still couldn't believe that I was stuck on an island.

"Good morning," I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around and saw Zayn rubbing his eyes and yawning. I have to admit, he looked pretty cute when he did that. I blushed when I thought about it and turned away so Zayn couldn't see my cheeks turning bright red.

He sat down next to me on the log. "It's cold," He shivered. "Yeah," I replied. It was funny how a tropical island can get cold. Now that I think about it, it was morning.

"I know this a weird question from me, but what do you want to do when you get older? I'm just trying to make conversation," He turned to look at me and somewhat blushed.

"I want to be an author as a side job and I want to be a professor as a real job. My dad calls it a real job but he thinks that being an author isn't," I answered him, "What about you?"

"I want to start a band and become famous. I want to travel the world on tour and have a bunch of fans all over the place," He told me, making hand motions. "It probably won't work but it's what I want to do." He sighed and lowered his hands.

"That sounds like a cool career. If only it was that easy. Most people don't make it so you're going to need something to fall back on if you fail," I explained to him. "Yeah, I know," He looked away from me.

"What college do you plan to go to?" I asked him suddenly getting interested in his future. "Um, Washington State," He told me and rubbed the back of his neck.

My eyes grew wide, "What?! That's all the way across the country!" I threw my hands up and it seemed to amuse Zayn because he was laughing.

"Well, I want to go to Harvard, but it's really hard to get into to. But honestly, Washington doesn't sound bad," I told him. He smiled and nodded his head.

"We should probably get water," Zayn told me and got up. "Yeah, we should," I replied and got up after him.