Chapter Three

"Um, are you okay?" I asked Zayn looking worried.

He closed his mouth and stared straight into my eyes, "I-I just didn't know that nerdy girls could be hot."

"What do you mean?" I asked him and he rolled his eyes. "You're hot Helen," He told me and stepped into the pond. I just stood there, processing what he just a said. Me, hot? Those two words don't go together.

I stopped thinking about it and stepped into the pond after Zayn. We were just wading in the water, standing around each other awkwardly.

Then Zayn cleared his throat, "So, how's life?" "It's fine, not the greatest but just fine," I replied and accidently made water splash onto Zayn.

He smirked and raised his hands barely above the water, "Is that a challenge Helen?" "What? No-" I started but was stopped by water splashing onto my face.

"Okay, now it is," I warned him and splashed him with water multiple times. Soon after, he got back at me. Then without thinking, I ran toward him as fast as I could, grabbed his shoulders, and dunked him underneath the water.

When I realized what I did, I frantically let go of him and moved back. He popped back up and shook his wet hair.

"Wow, hot and strong. But I'm going to make you pay," Zayn smirked and picked me up from my waist. He threw me over his shoulder and spun around.

I giggled as we spun like wheels. Then he stopped and threw me into the water lightly, since it was shallow. I was consumed by crystal clear water and some of it filled my nose.

I rose back up and wiped my face with my hands, "Okay, we're even." I rose my hands in surrender and Zayn only smiled.

"Yeah, we are," He laughed a little but then it died down. For a few moments we stood in the water just staring at each other. During those moments, I noticed that Zayn's eyelashes were really long and that his eyes weren't just brown, they were almost hazel with green rimming the outline of his pupil.

I turned away and felt myself blush. While I was staring at him, I felt electricity run throughout my blood in my veins.

"We should probably get out, so we can dry," Zayn stated and I nodded my head. We stepped out of the pond and sat on a boulder.

When we dried up, Zayn went behind a bush to change and so did I. I slipped my dress back on (with my undergarments underneath of course) and put on my white Converse. I threw my backpack over my back and sat down on the same boulder.

When Zayn was done changing I spoke up, "You're not as bad as I thought you would be, Zayn." "Aww, thanks nerd," He smiled.

"The proper term is geek. Geeks are cool nerds. Got it?" I told him. He raised his eyebrows, surprised by my statement.

"Okay geek. Or should I say hot geek. Which one do you prefer?" He asked. I blushed madly and glared at him, "Just geek." He sighed in frustration and I laughed, but he couldn't hear me.