Chapter Seven

I grabbed the coconuts and followed Zayn deeper into the jungle. We were supposed to look for a pond or a creek like the one that we swam in before the boat abandoned us. Zayn was ahead of me and was swapping the leaves out of his face. Though, the leaves kept on smacking me in the face because I was right behind him. So I decided to walk next to him.

He looked at me and smiled. I turned away and looked for ponds or creeks. "I found one!" I said excitedly when I saw water going around and over rocks. It was a little hidden because of the leaves but I spotted it.

"Great!" Zayn said, "Praise the lord! My feet are killing me." "We've only been out here for five minutes," I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, they still hurt," He stuck his tongue out at me. I put my hand to chest where my heart would be and pretended to be hurt emotionally. Zayn just laughed and shook his head. He knelt down on the creek and scooped up water with a coconut. I did the same.

"Okay, back to camp," He commanded and I did what he said. We reached camp in five minutes and Zayn was still complaining about his feet.

"You're such a big baby," I told him. "Um, excuse me?" He raised his eyebrows and walked over to me while I was leaning against a palm tree. I stood up straighter and stiffened when he was right in front of me. Our faces were only about three inches apart. I could feel his breath every time he breathed.

"Go away," I whined. "I'm the big baby? I think that's you. I mean, you're so stiff and you look super scared," He snickered a little. "Have you seriously never been this close to someone besides you relatives?" He asked. "Yeah. Sorry that I don't like to give my body to anybody," I huffed and he laughed.

"Haven't you had a boyfriend?" He questioned. "No, I've never had a boyfriend," I replied harshly. "Seriously? How? You are super hot even though you're a nerd, but I would at least expect a nerd to date you," He told me and backed away a little. "I've never had a boyfriend, okay? Deal with it," I scolded him and pushed him away.

"Well, I know someone who would like to be your boyfriend," He smirked. "Oh really? Who?" I asked him and raised my eyebrows.

"He's handsome and muscular. He is also a rebel and he has hazel eyes with green rimming the outside of his pupils," He told me.

"You really know this person don't you?" I asked him. "We know a lot about each other," He replied. I thought about the description of the guy that wanted to be my boyfriend. Then I remembered what Zayn's eyes looked like. I gasped to myself and blushed.

"Y-You want to be my boyfriend?" I asked Zayn quietly. I looked up at him and his eyes grew wide. "Um y-yeah," He responded and he let his cheeks turn bright red in front of me.

"Well, I'm flattered that the bad boy wants to be mine. We can d-date if you want to..." I told him even though it was hard to say. Zayn's face lit up and he smiled.

"I would like that, a lot," He replied and hugged me. He picked me up off of my feet and spun around a little. I just bursted out laughing. Zayn joined in. He set me down and then went into serious mode.

Then he put his hand to my cheek and caressed it. I leaned my head into his palm and he leaned in closer. Then closer. And closer. I started to panic, but then his lips made contact with mine.

His lips were soft and warm. I kissed him back and I felt him smiled during our kiss. His hands dropped down to my waist and he leaned in closer. I used my hands and wrapped them around his neck.

Then Zayn bit my lip slightly and I bit his back. He pulled away and looked into my eyes.

"I didn't think that I would ever kiss the bad boy," I told him and he laughed. "I didn't think that I would ever kiss the nerdy girl," He told me and this time I laughed.

We just stayed in that position and stared at each other for what seemed like eternity.

I couldn't believe that I was dating the bad boy.