Chapter Eight

I kissed Zayn's cheek and then pulled away. "Um, I'm new to this dating thing so don't expect me to know a lot," I told him. "It's fine. Being a player and all I don't know what to do either," He replied and shrugged his shoulders.

"Speaking of players, I better not be one of your victims. It would be humiliating because you gave me my first kiss. Got it?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Got it geek," He smirked. I walked away from him and opened up my backpack, searching for food. Then I stopped right when I was grabbing a granola bar. I just freaking kissed Zayn Jackson. And now he was my boyfriend.

Now that my brain was processing it, I freaked out. I grabbed my granola bar and sat on the wooden log thinking about my new relationship. What was I thinking? Dating the school's bad boy who pretty much feeds on girls moans.

I sighed in frustration and fiercely ate my granola bar. I just knew that I was just going to be another one of his victims. But, I thought I would just give it a try to see if it would work out.

"Uh, you okay?" Zayn asked me. I looked up at him, "I'm just fine," I replied and continued to eat my granola bar. "Well, you look mad but okay," He shrugged and walked away. I finished my granola bar and got up. I walked into the jungle and decided to search for something edible. I saw a few trees with bananas on them but they were way too high for Zayn or me to climb.

When I was done with my search, I walked back to camp defeated. "What were you doing?" Zayn asked. "I was trying to search for food, but I failed," I replied and sat on the wooden log. "We could try to catch fish. But I don't really know how we would make a net," He suggested. "We could maybe make a fishing rod. Just get a stick, vine, and bait," I told him and stood back up, "I'm going to search for supplies."

I walked into the jungle yet again and pulled out vines that were attached to trees. I also grabbed a couple of long sticks that were also sturdy. Now all I needed were bugs. Gross. I thought that I would just let Zayn collect the bugs.

I walked back to camp and set the supplies by the fire. "I got that stuff. Can you get the bugs for the bait please?" I asked Zayn and looked up at him. "Eww, gross. Why do I have to?" He pouted. "Because I don't want to. Bugs are nasty," I responded, "Please." I begged on and on. "Ugh, fine. Give me a coconut to put the filthy little things in," He told me. I handed him half a coconut and he stormed off into the jungle.

I smiled proudly and sat in the shelter. I laid down and soon fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to find Zayn laying down with me, his arms around my waist. I panicked for a little and then remembered that I was dating him. His face was facing mine and I could feel his breathe coming out of his nose. Then his eyes fluttered opened and he smiled.

"Were you watching me sleep?" He asked. "No, I just got up," I replied and sat up. He sat up too and messed around with his hands awkwardly. "I'll check the time," I spoke up and walked over to my backpack. I grabbed my phone out of my backpack and turned it on. It read that is was 2:35 pm. I slept for about three or four hours.

"It's 2:35 pm," I told Zayn and he rolled out of the shelter. "Nice to know. We should really make that shelter more comfortable," He said and grabbed his back like an old man.

"Yeah, we should. We could pile up leaves on the wooden logs," I suggested. "Okay. Let's go get leaves," Zayn grabbed my hand and we ran into the jungle. "Did you get the bugs?" I asked him while we were running through the jungle. He nodded his head and then we stopped.

"Okay, let's collect leaves," He turned to face me. So we went through different paths and collected large, green leaves.