Chapter Nine

I met up with Zayn after I collected a lot of leaves that I was too lazy to count. When I reached him I realized that he got way more than me. At that point I felt useless.

"Wow, you got a lot," I told him. "Yeah. And they don't weigh that much," He replied. "Speak for yourself," I mumbled. We walked back to camp and set the leaves on the wooden logs. "Okay, now we have to lay them out," Zayn directed. I huffed and grabbed the leaves. We laid them across the wood and when we finished, I laid down on them.

"This feels better," I sighed and Zayn sat down next to me. He nodded his head in agreement. "Time to collect something to eat," He told me. "Ugh. But I don't wanna," I whined. "Come on you big baby," Zayn rolled his eyes. "No," I sounded like a two year old and crossed my arms. "I guess you want to do it the hard way," Zayn said.

He walked over to me and grabbed me by my waist. He carried my over his shoulder and climbed out of the shelter. "Put me down!" I screamed and hit his back. "Ow, that hurt babe," He said and winced. Wait, did he just call me babe? I stopped screaming and hitting him. I was just a limp, little human hanging over his shoulder. He just freaking called me babe!

"Well, you went quiet quick," He set me down on the sand. "What? Oh yeah, sorry," I turned away so he wouldn't see me blush.

"So, are we going to build that fishing pole?" He asked. "Sure," I got up and dusted off my dress. Then I tripped on a rock and lost balance. I fell forward and closed my eyes, waiting for the impact of the sand. But I didn't land on the sand. I landed on something else.

I opened my eyes and saw Zayn right under me. I was on top of him and he was just smirking.

"You gonna get off?" He asked. "Oh, right. Sorry," I managed to say and blushed. I climbed off of him and I helped him up.

"Well, it was a good thing I was there. I wouldn't want you getting hurt," Zayn touched my cheek and I could feel it getting even warmer. Then he turned away and grabbed the vines.

"Time to make that fishing pole," He said and then he set the vines in front of me.

----
super short, sorry. I'm ending this story so yeah.
~elena 😛
----