Chapter 3

previously
I was in my apartment with Kio and we were watching a movie in the living room and I had my head on his shoulder and he had his hand around my waist. I was slowly drifting to sleep and the last words I heard before falling asleep was a big sigh and Kio saying "I'm no good for you" and then him kissing my forehead.
What did he meant by that?..
-----
I woke up to the couch and Kio wasn't beside me anymore. I got up and walked to the kitchen to make a hot cup of tea and thoughts flooded my mind. Last night he said "I'm no good for you" while I was half asleep. I don't know how to feel about that and I don't know.. maybe he is hiding something from me.. maybe he thinks he is too dangerous for me.. I just don't want him to leave me.. Am I falling for him? No Alice no! You can't fall in love with one of the most dangerous people in London! Too risky! I shook my head to get out of my thoughts and then I heard the bathroom door open. Kio entered the kitchen and when his eyes met mine he gave me the most beautiful smile.. I smiled back and looked down on my now half empty mug. It's weird because i'm never this shy around anyone. "Would you like to come with me to get some breakfast?" he asked me softly. I thought about it for a few seconds before I gave him an answer "Yeah sure" I said and lightly blushed. I went to my bedroom to get dressed and then to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, put my hair up in a cute tight ponytail and did light makeup. I put my shoes and grabbed my coat and Kio looked at me and gave me a soft smile. I opened the door and we got out. We walked towards his car and he rushed over to open the door for me. I smiled at him and got in. He shut the door and got to the drivers sit. He started the car and drove around the town. We made our stop at a café. We entered the cafeteria and the first things I noticed was that everything was so vintage and it gave you 90's vibes which I loved. We sat down on a table and the waitress came to take our orders. We ordered and a few minutes later my hot chocolate and Kio's hot coffee arrived to us. We talked about what we were planning to do today and then he got a phone call. He looked at his phone then back at me and said "Sorry I have to take this" I nodded and looked down. He stood up and got outside to talk on the phone. It has always been like that. Since we started hanging out we would have all these cute moments and a phone call or a text would ruin everything. I'm surprised he even makes time for me. As I looked at the window and took the last sip of my drink I noticed Kio coming back. He sat down and looked at me while I was looking down on my now empty mug. He sighed "I'm sorry bub" he said and I stayed silent but felt my cheeks heating up because he hadn't called me like that in a while. I know it's stupid but it's the little things. "Look why don't we leave and go take a walk? I promise no more phone calls" he said and I looked up at him. "Okay" I said softly. We paid for the drinks and left the cafeteria. We started walking around the town until we arrived at a fanfare. We walked towards the games. I looked at a shooting game and he raised an eyebrow on me. "Wanna play?" I asked him and he just looked at me. "Oh I get it. You are scared that I will beat your ass" I said looking at him with confidence. He just laughed at me and said "Oh it's on Decker". (full name: Alice Decker)
I was about to pay for myself when Kio pushed my hand down and paid for both of us. I rolled my eyes on him and he laughed. The man gave us a fake gun each and we started shooting at the cans. I got all the cans down and Kio had four more. The bell rang when I took down all the cans and Kio looked at me shocked. I won myself a teddy bear and looked at him and burst out laughing because of how shocked his face was. "Wow you got nice aiming" he said and I giggled "not too bad yourself". We walked around and got cotton candy and then his phone rang again. He looked at it but he didn't pick it up. I smiled at him because he kept his promise and he smiled at me back. An hour later we started walking towards the beach. When we arrived I took my heels of and walked close to the water. I stopped and turned to look at the sunset while the cold air blew my hair and the even colder water touched my feet. I felt two arms wrap around my waist and a head resting on my shoulder. Kio was hugging me from behind "You look so cute" he said and I immediately caught myself blushing at his compliment. He kissed my cheek and watched the sunset with me. It was almost dark and my feet were killing me, that's when Kio suggested we should start walking back to the car. I nodded at him and kinda wished the car wasn't that far away right now. I was still holding my heels and there was no way I was wearing them again. We started walking and Kio turned to look at me "Do you think you can make it to the car?" he asked and smiled at me. "I honestly don't know" I said and he giggled. "C'mon" he said and motioned me with his head to get on his back. And without hesitation I got on his back. "Thank you" I said softly followed by a yawn. "Anything for you princess" he said and slightly laughed while I blushed again. Some people, mostly older, would look at us and smile and some would roll their eyes. After a while we arrived at the car and he put me down and opened the door for me once again. I smiled and got in. He got to the drivers sit and started the car. We were driving for a while and he kept looking at the mirror and looked a bit anxious. He drove faster and took sharp turns. "Is everything alright?" I asked. He looked at the mirror and said...

Read the next chapter to find out what happens.

Thanks for reading babes ❤️🦋