Story Time #6

3/28/20
Sorry I posted this late.
Alright I got a good story. Yestarday I was making food helping my mom out. She was watching a marathon of a novela. (A tv drama in spanish for those that don't know.) She had asked me to help her out by cutting spam into slices. I said I would help her and took out the can. She had also put me in charge of the water on the stove. She told me to call her over when it started boiling. So I did. I cut the span into slices while checking on the water every 3 minutes. (It was on low heat.) When I finished and the water started boiling I called her over. She came while a commercial was passing and made the mashed potatoes. I was instructed to fry the spam and I did. I placed the spam on a cardboard plate next to me on my left. It was on the stove grate. A pan with beans on the inside was behind it but it was no big deal. I left to get a clip for my hair, and when I came back my plate with spam on it was on fire. I looked around to see my mom panicking trying to figure out what to do. I kept glancing at her wondering what to do.  The flames were consuming the plate and smoke was starting to arise. My mom thought fast and threw the plate in the sink soaking it with water. We both sighed in relief and sat down. She told me she had meant to heat up the beans behind it but ended up burning the plate on accident instead. I remember trying not to laugh at her actions and just sat down instead. Guess no spam today.

Thanks for reading!
Gracias 😂😂