Story Time #10

4-26-20
I took a break to get my mind off things. Really sorry about that. I just wasn't sure If I could continue the diary, since my aunt had passed. I have a story though, and this is one I think you'll enjoy. Another thing I wanted to mention is, thank you for 194 reads! I've been so busy around home that I hadn't had the time to appreciate all the readers out there. I hope you're all staying safe out there and hopefully your not as bored as me. Anyway, heres the story!

Yestarday, I got contacts. It had been 2 years since I had gotten my eyes checked and I needed a new prescription. That being said, I asked my mom if she would let me get contacts. I told her I could manage it. I'm responsible enough. So she said yes, and we headed to a eye vision center. We walked in got attended and sat down. I explained to the man, that we didn't want glasses and he gave me a tablet that had things I needed to fill out. He said that was fine and said the exam and the actual contacts would be separate. We agreed and I sat down with her. After half an hour I got called in. I did that whole procedure of putting my chin on this machine and them looking into my eyes. My eyes got a bit watery when they blew air into my eye. I felt bad for the lady attending me because everytime she would blow air, I would jump a bit. After apologizing, I went to sit down when I finished. I was called in to see the doctor and my mom got to sit in the corner. Funny thing is, there was no doctor. I mean she attended me, but it was virtually. It was all good though because she was really nice. I got to talk to her through a webcam and when I was done, I waited around 30 minutes before being called to this table with my contacts on them. My mom wears contacts so, she was able to help me by telling me what to do. I struggled a lot and it took me about 30 minutes to put it on. The problem is, when I put on my right eye contact I couldn't see. I'm near sighted so anything farther than 2 ft was really blurry and worse than my normal eyesight. The woman that had attended me earlier said I should wait 15 minutes for things to clear up. So I did, and nothing worked. I closed my left eye and I still couldn't see anything. She told me that it would only work with both contacts on, and that I should try and put the other ones in. My mom was starting to get skeptical because if you covered one of your eyes you should technically, be able to see. My mom asked her, " Are you sure these are the right prescription? Maybe they're the wrong ones." She told her no and that she had checked and I focused on putting the left eye on. While taking out my contact I dropped it onto the table by accident and I had to grab it and place it in it's container. After using a reasonable amount of contact solution I tried again. After 10 minutes, I managed to put it on only to realize it was uncomfortable and blurry. My mom told me it must have been backwards from when I picked it up. So I had to remove it, and put it on again which took me me about 20 minutes in total. It was actually kind of weird that I took off the contact really fast. I thought it would be the other way around, but I mean everyone is different. In the end, I ended up seing blurry for 15 minutes before the woman who gave them to me, decided that she would check again. She looked at my contacts case and saw that they weren't mine. She went over to a room and brought over new ones. Sbe told me to throw away the ones she had given me and to use these new ones. After a quick chat with the lady it turns out they had given me prototypes. Not going to lie, seeing this blurry was making me kind of nervous. I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue, because I didn't want to be left blind again. For my mothers sake, and money (which wasn't going to be wasted) I put both on in around an hour. I was instructed to throw away the old contacts and it's exactly what I did. When I put on my first contact in my left eye, I could instantly see clear in that eye. It was a cool experience. No more having to push up the rim of your glasses all day. No more worrying about your glasses getting smashed by a basketball. We went home after the payments and ect. Something weird I noticed though, was that the man who attended us first was really insistent and pushy about trying to convince us to get glasses. He tried to make it seem as if we couldn't leave the store without picking a glasses frame. We had to constantly remind him what were were here for. CONTACTS. JUST DAMN CONTACTS. NO. NOT THE GLASSES, CONTACTS. My mom had to keep reminding him that I was tired of wearing glasses and that was the literal reason we were there. For. C-O-N-T-A-C-T-S. Like get a hint, dude. If sales are that bad, I'm sorry but don't try and force me to get some glasses. In the end, I ended up going home happy and I'm grateful to my mom for these contacts.

(Also I still have my old glasses, since I know its good to have a back up.)

Thanks for reading and have a good day! <3