Chapter 16

You nod to yourself. A disguise will do nicely for getting into the village. Although, you'll either have to make a disguise from your own dress and stuff in the forest, or steal something in your size. It's not like forest witches have money. You start for a rocky overlook that affords a decent view of the village.

     As you walk, a dull ache builds in your chest, which at first seems like a stitch in your side but it grows until you notice. It's like what you felt earlier, sensing the amulet's disappearance. You consider it. Something's happened to your amulet. Your magic is still there, so it's not broken... it's more like the link is stronger.

     You reach the overlook. It's a typical medieval(ish) village. Houses of stone and wood, a goat tied to a doorpost. Smoke rises from chimneys in gentle coils. Somewhere a baby is crying. Somewhere hides the asshole who burned your home and stole your amulet. Pissing off a witch is decision they're going to regret.

    You can't scare them off though before you find them, so you need to disguise yourself.

How will you do this?

Mud and sticks (Go to Chapter 41)

Hat???? (Go to Chapter 42)

Steal something (Go to Chapter 43)