i can never repay the way you love

title: LOVE IN THE DARK - jessie reyez

elle's POV

-------------------------------------------

"i can't go to school today." i tell billie once my alarm goes off. "you don't have to baby. just stay home." she says in a soothing voice, running her fingers through my hair. "i just need to get over this." i sigh. "as jessie reyez once said, get over them by getting under me" billie sings. "that's not a bad idea but right now i just want some ice cream for real" i explain. "you got it beautiful." billie smiles a little and kisses my forehead before getting up. "i'll be back in like ten to twenty minutes. boys, you know what to do." billie nods and both blu and bear start liking my face. "good boys" she giggles. i gently push them off, letting them lay in the imprint from billie's body. "where are you going?" i ask. "i'm going to the store, we don't have any ice cream" she shrugs as she puts her shoes on. "my wife is the best" i say to bear. "i'll be back, i love you" she kisses me and walks out the door. "i love you too" i yell before i hear the garage door shut. 

"what the hell we gon' do now?" i ask. bear jumps off the bed and i hear him walk through the hallway. "i guess it's just you and me now huh buddy?" i laugh a little and pet blu. he cuddles into me with a smile and closes his eyes. "aw" i smile and kiss his head. a few seconds later bear comes running back in with a ball in his mouth and jumps back onto the bed. "drop it" i order. he does as told and i throw it for him. as he runs up blu sits up a little and tilts his head. "go get it" i tell him. he stands up and jumps off the bed, running to where the ball is. they fight over it for a few seconds but bear wins. we play fetch for a little bit and eventually they get tired and lay down, bear on my left and blu on my right. we watch a show for a little bit and i hear the door open. they both jump up and run to the door, billie leading them back in with bags and flowers in her hands and a teddy bear under her arm. 

"aw" i smile and put my hands over my heart. "these are for you, my beautiful wife" she tells me and hands me the same flowers we had at the wedding and places the bags on the bed. "and this is just something that reminded me of you" she adds, showing me the teddy bear and placing it beside me. "thank you billie. this was really sweet." i say and kiss her. "no problem angel. i can tell you're going through a hard time. i'm going to go put these in some water and get some spoons for the ice cream" she explains and i hand them back to her. 

once she comes back she hands me a spoon and looks through the bag, taking out to containers of ben and jerry's. "this one's for you, but i will definitely share if you want" she says and hands it to me. "also, i got all your favorite snacks so here you are" she says and  brings the bags between us. "you're my favorite person billie. this was exactly what i needed, i day home with you and the puppies. i can never repay the way you love, i'm sure you know that." i tell her and kiss her once again. "whatever you need, i'm always here to get it for you. always have been always will be. and you repay me everyday, just by being your beautiful, amazing self." she assures me, putting air quotes over the word repay. "i love you bil" i sigh and lay my head on her shoulder. "i love you too ellie" she responds and kisses the top of my head before laying hers on mine. 

god i'm so in love