unforgettable

title: unforgettable- nat king cole

billie's POV

the next day*

-----------------------------------------------

"first day of the tour, first day of the tour" i sing as i dance around the front yard. everyone is putting their stuff in the bus but elle and i already got our stuff in. the bus is pretty much fully packed except for finneas's suitcases which he is trying to get in. "you're adorable billie" elle giggles. "a kiss for you, and another kiss for you and surprise, another kiss for you" i say between kisses, making her smile even more. "i love your smile. i love you in general but that smile is one of my favorite things in the entire world. " i tell her as she smiles widely. "you're my favorite thing in the entire world" she says with the same smile, kissing me once again. "ditto" i respond in a baby voice and lead her into the bus once everyone's stuff is in it. "this is our bed, and this is-" i start but she cuts me off. "billie, i hate to break it to you but you gave me the tour literally twenty minutes ago" she sucks through her teeth. "oh shit, you're right. sorry. have i told you how much i love when you say the word literally? the way you emphasize the lit in the word is adorable" i laugh. "aw, thank you" she smiles and puts her hands over her heart. i put my arm around her and we sit down on the couch. she lays her head on my shoulder as everyone else piles into the bus.

"is everyone in?" dad asks. "billie?" he calls. "present" i nod, putting my hand up. "finneas?" "here" "maggie?" "i'm here" "elle?" "present" she sings. "and claudia?" "right here" "perfect, let's get this show on the road" he claps and clasps his hands, sitting down next to mom. "i'm so glad you're coming with us" i tell elle, pecking our lips together. "me too, are you excited?" she asks. "more than excited. this tour is going to be insane. and the best part? i'm going to have my beautiful fiance with me for part of it and then my lovely wife for the rest of it" i answer. "you're my favorite" she smiles and hugs me. i boop her nose and she tries to bite my finger, making me giggle a little as the driver starts the bus.

after about an hour we decide to watch the office in our bed. i let elle in first so she can be by the wall and less likely to fall out and get in beside her. i open my laptop and start the show, placing it on my lap and putting my arm around elle. she snuggles into me and kisses my cheek as the episode begins.

like two hours later i hear people screaming from outside the bus and we get out of the bed. she grabs her headphones and puts them on as we get closer. i bring her to the front and sit in the passenger seat, pulling her onto my lap and resting my chin on her shoulder. i wrap my arms around her waist and she smiles. i start tickling her and she giggles, turning into a laughing fit as i continue. she begs me to stop and the driver parks. sully opens the door for my a few minutes later and i help elle out once i exit. everyone else follows us out and dad leads us inside as i wave to some fans.

we sit in the green room for about a half an hour and my makeup artist gets finneas and i ready. i look over and see elle and claudia sitting cross legged on the couch eating pretzels. i smile a little and finish getting ready. "it's time for sound check billie" mom tells me after a few minutes. "thank you" i say to the makeup artist and walk over to the couch. "carry me peasant" elle demands. i squat down a little and she jumps on my back. i follow mom and dad out to the stage and set elle down once we get there. she grabs claudia's hand and they sit in the crowd as they watch us warm up. we play through the setlist and go back to the green room after we finish.

an hour later i kiss elle and get into the bed. "I LOVE YOU" she shouts. "I LOVE YOU TOO" i yell back. after like ten minutes the bed starts to raise and i hold on for dear life. i know i'll be fine but sometimes it's scary. i hear everyone cheering loudly and smile. before i know it i'm falling and everyone is screaming. as i descend i try to only look up and not at everyone else because that's what they told me to do. i get to the other side of the stage and everyone continues screaming. i look around the arena and then back at elle, giving her a small wave. she smiles widely and waves back and the music starts. i jump with the beat and everyone starts jumping with me. i look back and see elle singing along with me and smile.

"alright you guys, i know this isn't on the setlist but i'm gonna my beautiful fiancé." i explain as i walk backstage and being elle up with me. i sit down at the piano. finneas grabs her a stool and she sits down after thanking him. i start playing the melody to unforgettable by nat king cole and she smiles widely. "unforgettable, that's what you are" i start, making everyone cheer. i gesture to the staff to get elle a mic as she sings the next line with me quietly. they bring her a mic and she blushes. "like a song of love that clings to me, how the thought of you does things to me" elle sings, winking at me at the end and making everyone scream. "never before has someone been more" i continue, gesturing for her to sing the next line with me. "unforgettable in every way. and forever more that's how you'll stay@ we sing in unison. "that's why darling, it's incredible that someone so unforgettable, thinks that i am unforgettable too" i sing, kissing her hand once i finish playing one of the chords. "go ahead mamas" i tell her. i continue playing and she smiles. she looks at me lovingly as she starts. "unforgettable in every way and forever more that how you'll stay. thats why darling, it's incredible that someone so unforgettable, thinks that i am unforgettable too" she sings as she stares at me with a look of pure love. i finish playing and stand up, walking over to her and hugging her. "i love you so much" i tell her and try kiss her cheek. before i can she moves her head and catches my lips. she grasps my chin and deepens the kiss, coming off of her seat and holds me close to her as she kisses me. i melt into it and hug her once i pull away. "i love you more" she says and runs away. "bitch, i love you way more" i respond into the mic and making everyone cheer. "no you don't" she denies. "bitch. wait, i love you bitch. i ain't gon' ever stop loving you bitch" i giggle. the next song starts playing and i hear elle singing into her microphone. "stop stop stop" i say, putting my hand up. "ellie, either come out here and sing with me or put your mic back" i order, making everyone laugh. she comes walking out with her head bowed and hands me the mic. "the fuck am i supposed to do with this?" i ask. "shove it up your a-" she starts but i cut her off. "alright, that's enough ellie. go have some pretzels. i love you" i giggle and kiss her. "what if f i want to stay here? huh? they want to see me" she argues jokingly and points to the crowd. "do you guys want ellie to stay out here?" i ask, hearing everyone agree. "ha, fooled you! bye bitches" she laughs and flips everyone off before jogging backstage. she runs back and kisses me before running back, making everyone laugh once again.

the show ends and i thank everyone for coming as goodbye plays. i take a bow and grab finneas's arm, pulling him up to the front of the stage. "clap for my brother" i order, making everyone scream and clap. "now him." i say, pointing to andrew. they do as told and he smiles. "hold on one second" i tell them, putting up a finger and running back to elle. "i want to show you off. is that alright?" i ask. she smiles widely and nods. i hold onto her hand and kiss it as we jog back out. "shhh" i put up my hand and the arena goes silent. "look at my fiance. so beautiful" i smile and kiss her cheek, making everyone cheer once again. "but for real, she's so adorable. i hope you guys know how amazing she is." i continue, seeing her blush. i put my arm around her waist and she hugs me. i see a rainbow flag at the front of the stage and smile. i point it out to elle and she claps, running over to it and grabbing it and skipping back over to me. she hands it to me and i wrap it around her. she holds her hand out and i hand her the mic. "thank you" she says into it in a soft voice. everybody "aw"s in response and i laugh. "KISS!" someone shouts at the top of their lungs. i grab the sides of the flag and pull elle closer to me. she cups my cheek and presses our lips together, making everyone cheer super loud. i melt into the kiss and bring her closer. she pulls away and hugs me as everyone screams. "okay you guys. i think i better go" i sing and wave to all of them. i drape my arm over elle's shoulders and we walk backstage.

we get back on the bus and i wave to the fans as we drive away. once we get far enough i walk to the back and find elle in our bed. i lay next to her and wrap my arms around her lovingly. she turns around so she's facing me and hugs me. "you did so good. i'm so proud of you." she tells me tiredly. "thank you baby. i love you" i respond with a small smile. she presses her lips to mine and i pull away after a few seconds and hug her. "i love you too" she whispers and kisses my shoulder due to her burying her face in my neck.