Chapter 10

"Wake up cub, you've got work soon." Someone was shoving at my left shoulder, but I just mumbled "fuck off Adam" under my breath and tried to get back into a deep sleep, that he just rudely ruined. Well that was until multiple deep growls, that definitely didn't sound Adam-like, filled the room and an arm abruptly yanked me up so I was pressed flush against a warm muscular chest. A warm muscular naked chest...

Sweet mother of baby Jesus.

My eyes shot open when I accidently felt up said honey toned chest and the past 24 hours flew through my brain when I looked up and saw a fierce glare pasted on Dante's face.

"Who is Adam?" Dante growled, tension and anger clear as day in his voice, his grip getting a bit tighter when he spat out Adam's name.

Malachi and Thaddeus wore similar expressions and didn't seem amused in the slightest when I just stared questioningly at them. Why were they asking me about Adam?

"Ace, please enlighten us on who Adam is?" Thaddeus said in a scarily calm tone and he even threw in a fake smile that definitely didn't reach his glowing eyes.

Glowing eyes. That's pretty cool. Beside the point Ace.

Remembering that I'd mentioned Adam's name, since that's who usually wakes me up, I calmly and pointedly glance at the three when I say "Adam's my brother." Just the thought that they, even for a second, thought he was anything more than that makes me want to gag. Not that Adam's not good-looking, he is, but ewww he's my brother.

Alleviation flashes across their faces and they all let out sighs of relief with Dante's grip loosening around me. I wiggle a bit to see if he'll let go completely, but he just smirks down at me before picking me up to throw onto his shoulder.

Deja vu anyone?

"Alright princess, time for a shower."

"Wooahh, Dante put me down!" I slap his back repeatedly in hopes off him putting me down, but alas all I get in response is a resounding chuckle.

"We'll go make breakfast, I'm sure everyone's hungry." I hear Malachi chortle, him and Thaddeus mumbling to each other as they walk towards the kitchen while I'm hauled into the bathroom.

Against my will might I add.

Dante tugs me over his shoulder and let's me slide down his body onto the floor in front of the shower. I did not just cope a feel with that body-on-body action when I was put down. Nope. Definitely not.

We stare into each others eyes peacefully for a while and I didn't realise that my hands were stationed on Dante's warm pecs until he flexed them under my fingers, snapping me out of the trance his ember eyes had me under.

"Show off," I mumble, refusing to accept the warmness that started to spread to my cheeks and the tips of my ears. Ace Young doesn't blush. "you can leave now."

Dante chuckles before he croons cheekily under his breath with suggestive eyebrows, "I think I'd rather stay, maybe join..." His sentence trails off with a proposition that isn't lost on me.

I swat at him in embarrassment and pretend that my non-existent blush didn't just turn into a full blown body one. I was practically radiating heat like a furnace.

"Hmm, well aren't you cute when you blush cub," His signature smirk spreads across his face, and I glare at him "that has no effect on me, you look like an angry kitten."

"Out," I angrily point to the door and he slinks away with a satisfied expression, my hearing picking up 'next time for sure' that'd he'd said under his breath. I hastily lock the door behind him, scared he'd barge in to join me now instead, and let out a sigh of relief at the barrier between us.