//4// Babysitting the new neighbors

-Crescent- 

This is it, the day I am going to babysit the neighbors. I really wish that a piano would fall on me sadly I have no piano. Luckily I’m babysitting at night so I can tell Rosy everything later when I reach school. I wonder why it’s so quiet downstairs. Every day it would be loud and rowdy in this house, maybe miracles do happen. As I get my milk from the fridge I notice there’s a small yellow paper sticking out from the milk carton. Since nobody is in this house I can groan out of frustration. My parents are away with my siblings to nana’s house. Nana is my grandma and you cannot escape her delicious and milky treats. She is like the witch from Hansel and Gretel, just giving you treats even if you don’t ask for it.

Anyways, I bring my milk upstairs and start to pack my things for school. Oh yes I do pack my things because unlike some people I actually care about my grades and my books. I feel like my books have feelings so if I don’t bring the specific book for that specific class, the book would be all sad and lonely. This is why I am insane and nobody likes me. Maybe except for Rosy.

Just as I plopped down onto the bed I receive a text from Rosy.

Rosy: Hey! J I heard you’re babysitting later? Who’s the lucky person?

Typical Rosy. I don’t know what has gotten into her but she keeps thinking I have a boyfriend since last year; she’s desperate to find out.

Me: I am babysitting. There is no particular person; it’s the new neighbors I’m babysitting. Cross and Alex.

Rosy: Cross and Alex?

That’s right. I forgot to tell her about them.

Me: Cross is 17 he’s attending our school I think he’ll start school today. Alex is the younger one, 3 years old. He’s the one I am babysitting not the 17-year-old jerk face.

Rosy: Wow. See ya at school later.

Me: Yeah okay bye.

After all that texting, I make my way to the bathroom.

After cleansing my body, I picked out my clothes and head downstairs. I quickly texted Rosy to meet me by the fountain as I grab my bag and a fresh apple from the counter then I walk to the door.

I sat on the fountain alone pretending to be interested in my book when I was more interested in Rosy’s excuse for being late. 15 minutes have passed and she is still nowhere to be seen. To make matters worse, 10 more minutes until class starts and Rosy would get into detention if I were to leave the fountain now.

“I’m here! I’m here!”

Finally, she’s here.

“What took you so long? We would’ve gotten into detention if you came later.”

We all know I would just leave the fountain because nothing would get in the way of my perfect record, not even a detention with my best friend.

“Well, I stub my toe and had a hard time looking for Band-Aid-“

“Band-Aid?!”

“Yeah so I could wear this awesome boots I just bought a couple days ago.”