1. The First Step

Briarwood Country Day. A pretty stupid idea, combining Briarwood and Octavian Country day (AKA OCD) due to low populations in the school, but it was a pretty good idea, considering the fact that the boys would be there too. 14 year old Massie Block gave her hair a final dramatic toss and pushed open the huge red doors leading into BCD, looking faboulous in her pink boatneck top, floral white skirt and her new ballet flats and of course, the MK tote she'd been waiting ages for. This was it. Today was the first day of high school, and Massie was going to rule BCD, like she had at OCD, her middle school.

"Aren't you nervous at all?" Kristen Gregory whispered, nervously looking around at the older kids who were either chatting with their friends, texting, or making out. Everyone looked in place... except for the Pretty Committee.

"Hell no," Massie scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"I'll meet you at the food court, okay? I have to find Cam," Claire said, her thumbs flying over her Android's keyboard. Yes. Claire Lyons had finally gotten a cell phone.

"Sure," Dylan smiled, repeatedly brushing her hair out of her eyes.

"They are soooo cute together," Alicia gushed, the same time Massie said, "This is making me sick."

"Um... should we go to the auditorium now? It says 9th graders are supposed to meet there at 9 am," Kristen hesitated.

"No. Remember? We walk in late so we can make a show. If we arrive on time, we'll just be part of the audience. How booring is that?" Massie fake-yawned.

"But this is highschool, " Kristen protested, fretting over her first impression.

"We'll be fine," Dylan assured Kristen, who looked uneasy.

"Come awn, I have to decorate my locker, like now," Massie said, dragging her friends along with her.

On their way to the 9th graders' locker hall, they were blocked by a couple of 12th graders, who were carrying the designer purses that were supposed to come out next YEAR, and wore super tight fitted clothing and like , way too much make up.

"Oh my gawd, Char, look! They're 9th graders!" the blonde one with the pink ends gushed.

"How absolutely cute!" Her friend, the orange haired one giggled.

"If you'll excuse us, we have to go," Massie sniffed, attempting to push past Char.

"If you guys need any help, you can look for us, m'kay, hon? Highschool's big, I know. I was a 9th grader once," Pink-ends said to Massie, as if Massie was a little kid on the first day of pre-school.

"We're fine, thankyou," Alicia insisted.

"Bye!" she smiled at them sweetly and walked off, whispering to each other.

"What is with those 12th graders?" Dylan muttered.

"They're retarded," Alicia said.

"Oh god, here come the 11th graders," Kristen groaned.

"How do you know them?" Dylan wondered.

"Soccer Sisters," Kristen sighed.

A tall, muscular but feminine brunet grinned at the sight of Massie and her friends. "Kristen! Hey hon, welcome to high school!"

"Hi Joyce," Kristen murmured.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?" Joyce laughed.

"How about no," Kristen mumbled.

"What was that?" Joyce's friend, the skinny black haired girl giggled.

"I'll see you at soccer practice," Joyce laughed and they walked away, saying something about "LGs"

"My gawd what is wrong with this school?" Massie let out a huge groan.

"It's up to us to fix it," Alicia nodded.

"Hey it's Massie!" a familiar voice said. It was Skye Hamilton, the alpha of all alphas. She was accompanied by not her DSL Daters, but Charlie Derry, Allie Abbott and two other girls that Massie didn't recognise.

"Guys , these are the girls I was telling you about," Skye told her friends. They waved.

"You probably know Charlie and Allie already , since we were like, on that TV Show? Yeah. These two, I'm pretty sure you'd know them cause they're Youtube stars? Ally and Annabelle?" Skye said.

"Nope. I don't throw my life away on YouTube like most people," Massie scoffed.

"Um, kay," Skye said awkwardly, "We'll see you around. Ask anyone if you need help. This school is very friendly!"

"Too friendly," Dylan murmured. And heck, was she right.