9- Invitations and Preparations

"Hey, Skye," Massie said confidently to the 10th grade alpha. Skye's honey blonde hair was pulled up in a messy chic bun and her Tiffany-box-blue eyes looked bold under the layers of Lash Blast.

"What's up, Massie?" Skye smirked.

"We were wondering if you'd like to come to my Halloween party," Massie said, rolling back her shoulders.

"When is it?" Skye asked, "Cause my party is on the 31st and I am not missing it."

"Wait... what if we went to your party instead of you coming to ours?" Alicia blurted out.

"Why would we do that?" Massie hissed. Alicia covered her mouth quickly.

"Sure . Girls? What do you think? " Skye turned to her besties.

"It'll be fun. I'd like to meet these girls," Ally Appleby smirked, raising a perfectly waxed eyebrow. Her expression was hard to decipher.

"Definitely," Allyson's twin, Annabelle nodded.

"Yeah," Charlie Deery added.

"I'll book an extra limo for you, then." Skye started making arrangements on her iPhone.

"Wait, what time is it?" Alicia asked.

"8 to 12," Skye smirked, "If that's too late for you kids then..."

"No it's not. It's great," Alicia sniffed.

Going to Skye's party was crucuial to their popularity, and they knew that Skye could make anything happen.Massie wasn't about to wimp out and not go.

"We'll be there," Massie sniffed, "And we won't be leaving early."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Leesh. It's lame to ask for an invitation,:" Massie snapped as soon as Skye and her clique were out of sight.

"Whatever. Now we have invitations to Skye's party. Everyone who's everyone at Briarwood Day is going to be there," Alicia rolled her eyes.

"That was brave," Claire nodded. Massie shot her a look of disapproval.

"Guys, what are we being for Halloween? We've done everything from Dirty Devils to Smexy Cats," Kristen complained.

"We should be movie stars!" Claire, the movie star, piped up.

"Lame," Massie sang.

"I know," Alicia suddenly said.

"What?" Dylan asked, curious.

"We should be beauty paegent contestents," Alicia said, thinking of the beautiful gowns they'd wear.

"Ehmagawd, no," Massie snapped, "Nawt beauty paegents, anything but! Remember that lame Miss Kiss paegent the summer of 7th to 8th grade?"  Massie looked at Claire, brewing up the memories. Claire shrugged. She and her friends from Florida had plenty of fun at Miss Kiss.

"We should be beauty paegen contestents from hell," Dylan piped up, "With sexy rips and tears and fake blood."

"I like it. The Zombie Beauty Queens," Kristen grinned. Dylan, Alicia, and Claire stared at Massie exceitedly.

"Fine. We'll go with that until I think of something better," Massie sighed. The others grinned and started to talk about what to wear.

"I say we go vintage, like zombies from the '60s, and we raid the thrift store," Kristen suggested.

"No way. We are going to be glam, royal, and elegant. We should buy something from Barney's or Saks," Dylan objected.

"Ehmagawd, that's a waste of money," Kristen protested, " We'll be only wearing the dresses once, and we'll be wrecking the dresses. Why would you waste a thousand dollars?"

"You can get yours from the thrift store, we can get a designer dress," Dylan sniffed.

"Guys. We're all going to be the same, okay? First thing tomorrow, we are getting designer dresses. I'll pay for Kristen's. Okay?" Massie announced

"Wow, seriously?" Kristen asked. She wasn't that surprised, though. Massie's been paying for her since 7th grade.

"Obvi. Now can we please do something relaxing? Like get mani/pedis? Gawd, life is stressful," Massie did a dramatic sigh. Dylan, Kristen, Alicia and Claire smiled and nodded. "Okay."