11- The Hypocrite

-Claire-

I told Cam that I was busy today, but I planned on surprising him at his house. I fixed my hair and checked my makeup in the rear view mirror of his mom's car. I don't have his house keys, but I know he keeps a spare key under the old pot. I slip the key into the door and turn the knob! It opens smoothly. I hear a click, and step inside. His house smells like freshly baked cookies. His moms a baker, and so I always get a never ending supply of cookies. I quietly tiptoe up stairs and push open the door to his bedroom. "Surprise!" I yelled. Then I saw what was happening. Cam was in his room cuddling with a tall, skinny, black haired girl with olive skin, I gasped. I didn't know what to think because everything just slowly sank in. "Claire, i can explain," cam said calmly. Tears welled up in my eyes and I fled his house.

- Nobody's POV -

"What were you doing with that girl?" Claire asked Cam, web though the answer was obvious.

"We were just kissing," Cam said bluntly.

"Why would you do that?what did I do wrong? Why don't you love me anymore?" Claire blurted out, heart broken.

"Nothing's wrong with you! It's just that I like both you AND Ella. Don't you understand? I like both of you very much and I can't choose!" Cam said.

"Love doesn't work that way! You're supposed to love one person!" Claire yelled.

"I'm so sorry, I hope you can understand..." Cam trailed off.

"I can't understand. I'm sorry, I don't do relationships like that." Claire choked back her sobs and left the restaurant.

Later that day, Claire called her friends and told them what happened.

"Cam doesn't seem like that type of jerk," Alicia said, picking her nails.

"Well, seeing that he is one, dump him." Massie shrugged, "That is... if you haven't already."

"What kind of guy dates two girls at once and thinks it's perfectly fine?" Dylan wrinkled her nose.

"What a player," Massie added.

"Why on earth did you date him?" Dylan asked.

"Guys, we're supposed to make her feel better, not worse," Kristen glared at Dylan, who shrugged.

"Can I have some time alone for now?" Claire said quietly. 

"Of course," Kristen nodded getting up to go, and signaled the others to leave with her.  "If you need anything, just  give us a call."

After the girls left, Claire sat on her shaggy pink Hello Kitty rug and staring into space for what seemed like 10 hours. Suddenly, her phone vibrated, which broke the peaceful silence. It was a text from Nick:

hey sup? :)

Claire read the  message, then scrolled up and read their past conversations. There was a sinking feeling in her stomach, and then she realised what was happening. She'd called Cam a jerk for loving two girls at once, but isn't that what she was doing too? She was dating Cam and crushing on Nick. What did that make her, a double jerk? Or perhaps just... a hypocrite.