Chapter III

The nurse had to glance at the records twice.

If I could only paint a picture of the nurse's face upon seeing me, it would be epic. She must have been startled seeing me using a different name. I've been a Son Ye Jin all my life. It surely felt weird calling me Mrs. Kim. The disbelief was all over her face. Nevertheless, I stood proud, carrying my husband's name.

"Do me a favour. Kindly keep this a secret," I gave her a hush signal and a delightful wink.

She smiled and nodded. "Can you please give me your autograph?"

"Sure," I grabbed the pen in her hand and signed the pad of paper she was holding. "But no one can ever know that I was here, okay?"

I took a deep breath as I slowly opened the door. Big smile and warm hugs from Dr. Kang welcomed me.

"Good to see you again, Ye Jin! I can't believe you're here as Mrs. Kim! Congratulations on your wedding!" I embraced her back. I have been friends with Dr. Kang Jin Yeong for almost a decade. She has been my doctor ever since so my trust is on her.

"Yes, it's been a while since I last saw you. I have been so busy with my filming lately."

"I'm happy you've dropped by. So, how are you? How's life as Hyun Bin's wife? Gosh, I've been shipping you two. I am a fan of your drama, by the way! I can't believe you're actually married!" She flooded me with questions that I didn't know which of them I should answer first.

I blushed. Only a very few people knew my real score with Hyun Bin. "Married life? So far, so good! I mean, really good. Thank you for your support!"

"I was actually surprised to hear a call from your husband. I didn't expect to receive a call from Hyun Bin telling me to set an appointment for his wife," she chuckled. Hyun Bin could have just let me set my own appointment with my doctor.

"Yeah. He just told me this morning that I have an appointment to see you today. It's been three months since we got married and my...my husband wants to have my health checked. You know, we're not getting any younger," I nervously laughed. It felt awkward to see a doctor for things like this. More so, to call Hyun Bin as my husband in a public setting.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. It was my husband, looking so sweaty and catching his breath.

"Did I miss anything?" He was still panting. His face was very red. Seeing him that way made me laugh hard.

"No, you're just in time. Come in, Hyun Bin," Dr. Kang asked him to sit beside me.

"Where have you been? You seemed like you ran for your life," I handed him a handkerchief and a bottle of water.

"I ran my way from the basement parking lot to here. I don't wanna miss your first check up as Mrs. Kim,"

"Silly! It's just an ordinary check-up. It's not like I'm having my first prenatal check-up or something,"

Our conversation made the doctor laugh. "Oh love birds! It's great to see you, Hyun Bin. How sweet of you to join your wife on her check-up!"

He nodded. "I want to know how I can take care of her better, Doctor,"

We had undergone several tests. It took quite a while. She explained to us the current state of my health. Considering my age, I was asked to be extra cautious with what I do and what I eat. She prescribed me several supplements which could help me regulate my cycle. Due to being sleep-deprived, my cycle has been messed up.

"The laboratory results state that your ovaries are not in their best condition. This might be a problem one way or another. But with today's medical advances, we can surely find a way to resolve this. As with your condition, I guess we need to see each other at least once a month so I could thoroughly monitor your health,"