Chapter V

I was so shocked that my heart couldn't stop beating like a drum. I slept with a lump on my throat. I woke up feeling hideous in the morning. I wasn't able to rest well. While Hyun Bin was sleeping soundly, I was awake and was drowning myself with thoughts of who was the person who called his phone.

I didn't bother to tell him that I happened to answer the phone call. I, a veteran actress with 43 awards won, pretended to be fine. I hid my angst by acting like a secured wife.

But something was wrong. My heart was telling me so.

My friends were all right. Everything will change after getting married. Even the instincts would grow immensely. The slightest act of the husband would be noticed and instantly, the wife would know if something is apprehensive.

Our day started with me, a doting and hands-on wife, cooking breakfast for the husband who was busy with his phone. He was smiling and laughing silently. He was so into his phone that he didn't notice that my eyes were on him and that I've been holding the bread knife sturdily.

How Yoon Seri reacted when Ri Jeong Hyeok didn't come home after sending Seo Dan to Pyongyang was an art-imitating-life scenario for me.

Calm down, Ye Jin. This is not the perfect day to bust him off. I kept reminding myself.

I was never the jealous type. I was secured of myself. I never needed anyone's affirmation to know that I am valuable.

Not until I met Hyun Bin.

I learned how it is to be afraid of losing someone.

I was aware that I didn't marry just an ordinary guy. I was fully conscious when I married a guy who makes women go wild and crazy. I must admit that I belong to the social class of women who are crazy for his ways, his looks and his antics.

Looking at the table calendar next to the vase in the dining area, I was reminded of this day. It made me furious even more.

"So..." I sarcastically smiled at him. My eyes were burning with obfuscation. "Any plans for today?"

He looked up to me. His eyes showed wonder. "Today? Aside from work... Hmmm nothing?"

Nothing.

"Nothing? Oh, I see," I nodded like I didn't know anything.

"How about you? Any plans for today, love?" He asked while still very busy with his goddamn phone.

"Nothing. I guess I want to go and see your house today. I will pack your remaining clothes and transfer them here at home."

"Oh wow! Really? You will do that for me! Thank you, love. I've always wanted to do that. I just have no time for it."

No time to transfer all his stuff in our new home but has the time to go to a place where a plane ride was necessary? Cut the crap.

As soon as he finished his breakfast, he stood up and went to the walk-in closet. He went out bringing a good suit.

"Why are you bringing that?" I suspiciously asked.

"Oh, this one? We have a corporate shoot today. I guess I forgot to tell you. I'm sorry." He grabbed my waist and planted a kiss on my cheek. "I need to go now. I will be late."

Who cares if he goes to work late? Who will reprimand the CEO for coming to work late? Oh come on, Tae Pyung!

He walked out of the house leaving his car key.

"Hey, Tae Pyung! You forgot this!" I handed him his car key.

"No, I purposely left that. I don't need that today. Mr. Baek will drive for me today," Mr. Baek has been working for him as a personal driver for years already.