Chapter XVII

"Oh! Ha Ji Won..." I turned around and found out that it was Ha Ji Won who grabbed my arm. She was smiling from ear to ear.

"I'm glad you're able to come. Thank you so much!" Right behind her was Hyun Bin, staring without any expression on his face.

"Ah, yes! Congratulations on your new movie," I said. I didn't know how to react. The atmosphere was awkward, definitely not because of Ha Ji Won but because of Hyun Bin who was looking at me with so much disgust in his eyes.

"Are you leaving?" I nodded in answer. "Oh no! You can't leave just yet. We still have a VIP dinner. I think you should come."

"I'm sorry but I really can't. I got another schedule in an hour. I need to go. So..." I bowed in respect. But before I could even take a step, Hyun Bin spoke.

"That's what you're good at... Leaving," he chortled in the most sarcastic way.

I suddenly felt cold, like a thousand buckets of ice were poured on my head. His face was screaming mockery. His glares were shaming every bit of my being. I hated how it felt but I needed to keep myself cool. He seemed like a different person. He was ice cold. It felt like I was looking at a distant stranger.

I joined the dinner but I had to leave right after. I fell out of place like I was uninvited by him and by everyone else. It was only Ha Ji Won and the director who were talking with me. I tried opening conversations with Hyun Bin but he didn't even try to listen to whatever I said. By then, I felt the need to go. I understood how Hyun Bin acted though. What I did was something that could not be healed easily.

As I have expected, the journey to win him back would never be easy.

***

"Are you ready?" I smiled and nodded. Gong Yoo patted the top of my palm. The escorts opened the door of the backseat.

Gong Yoo stooped down and lent me a hand. As part of the promotion of our movie, we decided to come together and attend the Baeksang Arts Awards. I was wearing a red super low back gown that exposed my loin and a cherry red lipstick that perfectly matched my entire ensemble.

I clung to him as we walked together at the red carpet.

"Aren't you cold?" We were in the middle of the photo opportunities when he whispered. His gesture made the press in awe because he looked like he was kissing my ear.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you." I smiled.

I was nominated for Best Actress under Film Category. Gong Yoo, on the other hand, was nominated for Best Actor under Television Category for his drama the previous year. We were seated next to each other.

The crowd went wild only to realize that Hyun Bin arrived. I smiled upon noticing that he arrived alone. It might sound selfish but I hated to see him with somebody else.

I tried not to stare at him but God, he's just drop-dead gorgeous on his Alexander Wang tux.

I did my best to ignore his presence as I wanted to be professional. But the moment he went near me, my senses exploded into different emotions. My body stiffened. I didn't hear anything but my heartbeat.

Be still my heart.

He grabbed Gong Yoo's hand for a handshake. He also shook hands with the other celebrities in our row. Unlike the past encounters, he finally smiled at me. I smiled back. I wished the cameras were able to capture that golden moment.

My heart fluttered like a teenage girl.

After a while, the program began. Surely, the place was a lot colder than I expected it to be. It might have been cold but still I was sweating. Well, maybe it was cold sweat. I was calculating every move that I was making, afraid to make a mistake in front of my then husband.