Chapter VIII

"Honey, is that you?" I skipped my way to the door. My smile widened with the thought that he really couldn't last a day without talking to me.

But to my disappointment, it wasn't Hyun Bin.

My eyes grew bigger when the person in the front door hugged me really tight.

"Ahhhh... I missed you Ye Jin!"

"Unnie?!"

"Are you surprised to see me?" Song Yoon Ah, whom we haven't seen or heard for the last four months, was standing in front of me. She was still bubbly and gorgeous as always.

"I wasn't expecting to see you! Oh, how I missed you, unnie!" I hugged her back. "Come in, I'll show you around."

I toured her to the entire house. She was technically the first to visit our new home. Well, not all our celebrity friends know that we have been married for quite some time already.

"Your place is really great. You should invite us for a housewarming party."

"Yeah, I was actually planning to do so. I really just didn't have the luxury of time. But since I'm already a housewife, I think I could now arrange that."

"Housewife... Wow, it feels refreshing to hear you calling yourself a housewife. Your husband must be so proud! Oh by the way, are you gonna go out wearing that?" I looked at the clothes that I was wearing. I was in my comfortable sweatshirt and shorts. My hair was tied up in a bun.

So I started to wonder what was wrong with my clothing.

"Why? Are we going somewhere?"

"Didn't Hyo Jin tell you that we're going to Jung Hyun's musical play tonight?"

I looked a little bit more confused. "Play? Is it today?!"

"Yeah. Hyo Jin actually asked me to pick you up, that's why I am here."

Then I realized Hyo Jin informed me last month about Lee Jung Hyun's play. I absentmindedly agreed to go with them without even noting it on my calendar. Practically it was one of my 'senior' moments - short term memory loss.

I ran up the stairs and immediately changed something that looked smart and casual at the same time.

It was 4:30 o'clock in the afternoon when we left the house.

I tried calling Hyun Bin's phone a couple of times but he was out of reach. He must be in a meeting so I left a voice message informing him that I couldn't join him for dinner and that I didn't bring my car so he must pick me up later.

"Psshhht. Stop using your phone. Others might get distracted," Gong Hyo Jin, who was sitting next to me, reprimanded me for using my phone. I left Hyun Bin a text message in case he would not be able to receive any of my voice messages.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry," I turned my phone into silent mode. "Hyo Jin, do you have a power bank or something? I'm running out of battery."

"Me? I'm sorry, I don't."

22 percent battery life.

I asked all our other friends but they too haven't brought one. I even forgot to bring my power cord.

I set my focus on the show and enjoyed it. More than the play, what thrilled me more was seeing all of my friends together again. It has been a while since we last gathered. Our schedules have been so tight that gatherings such as these have become a luxury for us all.

Lee Jung Hyun indeed was a multi-talented actress. Aside from the fact that she's really good at acting, she's also a good singer. Among all of my friends, she's the one who's into musical plays. I have always wished to do a musical play but I guess, no one's born perfect... Music isn't just my cup of tea.