Chapter XVI

"Feels good to be back!"

I said to myself as I breathed in. Fresh air from Seoul has always been this good. Wearing my Navy Double Breasted Wool Balmain dress and Beige Mesh Degrastrass Christian Louboutin heels, I stepped my foot on Incheon International Airport. I took off my oversized Chopard eyewear as soon as the arrival doors opened.

I was like walking on an invisible red carpet when cameras started clicking and their flashes were all over my face. I smiled with finesse and elegance as I gently waved my hand to the entertainment press. I needed to smile beautifully or else, my crooked face will be over the internet and the internet is forever so I wouldn't let that happen.

Eleven long months of being away wasn't enough for the Korean entertainment industry to forget the Melo Queen in me. I walked slowly as I passed through them.

As I have always expected, I was flooded by questions, mostly ridiculous ones.

"Is it true you have a movie with Gong Yoo?"

"What was the reason behind your unannounced hiatus?"

"Are you dating a Chinese business tycoon that's why you had to leave the country to focus on your affairs?"

"Where have you been for almost a year that you've gone on hiatus?"

"Were you married while you were abroad?"

"Are you still in a relationship with Hyun Bin?"

"What can you say about the dating rumors of Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won?"

"Is it true that you're secretly married?"

And the likes...

Well, nothing much has changed. I laughed to scrape off all their baseless and absurd questions. Media was still shitty as ever. But one question caught my attention...

"Actress Son, is it true that you gave birth while you were abroad?"

I have always been so sensitive about the topic. How insensitive for them to ask somebody about giving birth. After my bad experience with fertility, I have always made sure to be tactful on matters that might offend others. I didn't know where they got those false data but whoever spread those useless rumors got a special seat next to Satan.

I stopped and smiled sarcastically at the reporter. For the first time after a year, I have chosen the first person whom I should burn into ashes.

"I'm not quite sure in which part of hell did you get that rumor but don't worry, once I give birth, I would give you a special pass inside the delivery room so you could film me while pushing the baby out."

I thanked God for VVIP parking right in front of the main exit. The long walk with the media was much more exhausting than the long haul flight I've been through from Prague to Incheon.

"How was your flight?"

"Tiring. Jetlag all over..." I said as I closed my eyes to rest.

"We'll send you home and try your best to sleep. Tomorrow, you have a schedule for your movie promotion."

My eyes widened... "Already?! But I just arrived..."

My manager just shrugged his shoulders. I missed the hectic feeling but I also hated it. The flight was tiring and I had to layover in another country so technically, I travelled for more than 24 hours. But that's part of the lives of actors, we have no right to rest even for a bit.

I put my old house on sale since I didn't want anyone to visit me or bother me. When I said anyone, I meant Hyun Bin. I used my other home which no one really knew about. My agency was helpful enough to fix everything for me before my arrival.