L:Chapter 2; Lovely Side Effects

"Mum! Where are you?" I frantically searched for my lost mum in the crowd of people at the mall.

My breathing increased and my breaths shortened, making me dizzy. "Mum!" I choked out.

She was nowhere to be found, and I fled the crowd into an empty store, trying to catch my breath again, but I couldn't. I just felt cluttered and confused, struggling for breath and searching for my mum.

I took a breath before joining the other people in the mall on the search for my mum. My breathing didn't change, if anything it got worse, but I ran into Hallmark, a store I knew she would be in. "Mum!"

She appeared out of the isle, and scooped me up into a hug. "Baby!"

I held onto her, and when she let go, everything went black.

:

"Now you were on the SSRI's, but the side effects were too bad and too many, right?" Nurse Jackson asked.

"Yeah. Increased weight loss, fatigue, sweating, vomiting, the list really goes on forever." I reply.

"So now I'm putting you on counciling right here in the hospital, and let's figure out the meds you want based on some effects and how they do." She types something into her computer. "we could do Mirtazapine, but the side effects are constipation, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, and increased appetite."

"No."

"Venlafaxine: High blood pressure, severe headache, lack or loss of strength, sweating, blurred vision, chest pain, fast or irregular heartbeat, mood or mental changes, ringing or buzzing in the ears, suicidal thoughts."

"Ah, the lovely side effects." I note, picking at my nails.

"Um... The rest of them are unapproved or even more unsafe to your body type." Nurse Jackson notifies me.

I look up, startled, and think it over. Suicidal thoughts or increased appetite?

"Let's try the venlafaxine." I say, though a tugging thought in my mind tells me I should choose otherwise.

"You're on it." Nurse Jackson tells me after typing rapidly on the computer.

Three boys who I remember as Luke, Michael, and Ashton walk in, talking and laughing enthusiastically. They see me, and their eyes light up, especially Luke's. "Hey Bee!"

"Hey guys." I reply. Bee... Maybe it was a nickname of mine? I also take note of how just yesterday, Mike's hair was pink. And now it's light blue.

Strange.

I shake the thought from my mind, and my eyes avert to the calender. "What's today's date?"

"December fifth, 2014." Ashton informs me.

"Wow."

"Yup. Time flies, eh?" He chuckles.

"Yeah. How long have I been here?" I ask.

"A week, more or less." Mike answers.

"Why?"

"You got hit by a freighter truck."

Wait, what?

"You landed on glass, earning stitches, and hit your head, earning a concussion. And then you passed out, and are suffering from amnesia." Luke explains.

I stare at them, my jaw slack, as I get a flicker.

"Blake?"

I am on a sidewalk, walking into a building that looks like a school. My brother and I walk into the classroom, and the only spots left are at a table in the back with two small boys. One looks Asian, and the other has a blonde mop of hair that hung across his face in fringe. We sit at the table with them, and the Asian grins and waves. "Hi! I'm Calum and this is Michael."

"I'm Blake. And this is my twin brother, Luke."

"Wow! You really look alike!"

I giggle.

:

"Hello?" I snap my head up to Luke, and the concerned boys.

"Sorry."

"It's fine. What happened?"

"Oh, I just zoned out."

Note to self, tell Nurse Ree.

:

Sorry it's short, kinda just a filler and the next one will be longer

What do you think Nurse Ree will say? Foreshadowing to future chaps.

I love all you guys, please vote!

PS. Long Way Home acoustic will be the death of me.

Pps. I hope Ash is okay

M