Chapter 6

The clock showed 23:46 when my mom finally reached home. I haven't seen her in days and admitting to her, and myself, that I missed her wasn't even an option.

When she saw me standing behind the door, waiting for her, I could tell by the look on her face that she panicked.

I wanted answers from her that she probably wasn't willing to give.

"I can explain," she told me quietly. She seemed hopeless beside me, with her broken eyes looking down at the floor.

"I am listening."

Her beautiful blue eyes were finally set on me, noticing me. I could tell that something was different about her. Even though she acted like I am going to ground her forever, her eyes weren't empty like I expected them to be.

"I can't tell you how sorry I am for leaving you and Jacob alone with him. For coming back late for the past few days," her eyes dropped to the floor again. At that exact moment, I felt like the bigger person, and I hated that feeling with passion.

"Something happened, love. Something good," she smiled warmly, still not looking at me like I wished she would. Every freaking day.

"What happened?"

"I... now it's not a good time to talk about it, dear."

I was so disappointed in her that I wanted to run to my room, hide beneath my blanket, and cry my eyes out. But I never let myself cry. Crying is the greatest weakness of humankind. And if I let myself feel weak, everything will fall apart.

"I just miss my mother," I whispered. Then, she hugged me tightly for many yet short minutes. That moment was worth everything to me.

"I love you, don't you ever forget that."

~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe I am doing this."

"Neither can I," Viv told me seriously. Two seconds later, she filled the room with loud laughter.

"It's not funny, Viv! You know how much I hate parties!" I complained, covering my face with both of my hands, feeling exhausted.

Viv decided to ignore my comment and handed me the dress she has been talking about for the whole week.

It was a simple yet elegant red dress, too bright for my liking, but it's not like she was asking me.

Although, if the bold color of the dress grabs too much attention at the party, I swear I am going to hate myself for the rest of my life.

"So, what do you think?" she asked proudly.

"I guess it's okay. But I have to admit that I am kind of jealous, your dress is better than mine." I frowned at her. She smiled and pushed me towards the door.

"Shut up! You look amazing! Now, let's go before you regret coming with me."

~~~~~~~~~

Fifteen minutes later, I found myself staring at random people, wondering why the freak did I agree to come to a party which I didn't want to go to in the first place.

"I am going to get something to drink. What do you want?" The music was so loud that I barely heard a thing.

"Nothing, but thanks." I almost yelled at her. She gave me a 'you are weird' look and turned away, heading towards the alcohol.

She left me standing there like the most insecure person on earth. I hated being left alone, mainly in these kinds of circumstances.

As I waited for her like a lost puddle, the color of the dress started to make me mad(not surprising), making me feel even more anxious.

She was gone for at least ten minutes before I went looking for her in the house full of people.

I smiled when I saw her talking to a cute guy. I had no intention to interrupt whatever it was going on between them, so I walked away to get some water.

After the mission was done, I went back to staring at people- not in a creepy way(I hope).

That's the thing about parties, you just don't know what to do with yourself for three hours straight.

I was about to get some fresh air when somebody decided to run into me like a freak with his pathetic drink, pouring the cold alcohol liquid on my poor dress. Wanting to knock some sense into him, I moved my gaze from the dress to the person standing in front of me.

I wasn't surprised at all when I saw Noah. He was looking so... fine, with a simple black t-shirt and dark jeans. His black hair was pulled back, so his gorgeous eyes were out for the show.

"Can't you see where you are going?" I asked him with much irritation and anger.

"Me? You ran into me, princess," he smiled arrogantly.

I struggled to find the words while his eyes wandered over my embarrassed face and body. My dress was sticking to my body like glue, showing much more than I intended to show, leaving me feeling exposed under his dark gaze.

"I suggest you take your dress off before you catch a cold, princess."

He really was handsome, so sad that his personality was below average.

"I would never," I breathed heavily.

"Good, there is nothing worth seeing anyways," he threw to the air and pushed me aside, leaving a shocked me behind. Each time I see him he gets worse.

I want to tell him off.

I want to hurt him like he hurts me.

But deep down I knew that I could never stand up for myself by hurting other people. My father hurts people. I would never be like my father.

Instead of following Noah and slapping him with much power, I kept on walking until I was out of the crowded place. I would do anything to be under my blankets.

But how do I get under my warm blankets with Viv talking to a cute stranger and without a phone?

I can't ruin her chances with him, but I also can't walk back home in this freezing weather and my soaked dress.

Unfortunately, God had other plans for me. 

~~~~~~~~~

Please vote and comment❤️