Chapter 11

No, no.

It is not happening right now, not to me.

For the hundredth time, I fought with the irritating door, trying to open it and break free.

However, with my bad luck, nothing could go straight. Instead of breaking free, I broke the door handle.

Then, the cold office got darker and even the air found his way out of that dirty place.

With the darkness and the loss of air came the fear and the memories.

Wanting to think about anything but those memories, I started to kick the door like crazy aiming to break it. The headache from 3 days ago started to bother me again.

"There- is-no-chance-I-am-stuck-in-this-place," I called out between every kick out of anger, slowly losing the air and my patience.

"Hey! Who is in there?" a well-known voice suddenly called from outside.

"It's me, can you open the door?"

"Princess, is that you?" I could imagine the evil smile on his face. He was going to keep me locked there forever.

"Just open the door, Noah!"

"You can't make me."

I kicked the door once again.

"Open the door already," I began to freak out. The memories came rushing by.

My father. The way he used to lock me inside my room if I did something unacceptable. I used to sit there for hours, wondering what I did to make him so mad. 

As time passed, I realized that no matter what I did, he had no right to treat me the way he did.

But the memories were too strong, too fresh. There was no point in fighting them anymore. I sat on the freezing floor, leaning against that annoying door. 

I couldn't speak, I couldn't cry. For a few minutes, I just sat there, staring blankly at the space around me. 

Noah's stressed questions were only background noises for me by that point. Answering him wasn't an option. Not because I strongly didn't like him, but because I couldn't find my voice.

When the door opened, I stood up quickly, looking at him like a lost human being. He was looking worried. His eyes drank every piece of me, looking for signs to figure out what was wrong.

"You are shaking, you are fucking shaking," he pulled his hair back stressfully. I saw concern in his eyes, but he made sure to mask it over immediately.

"Is this a show? Are you doing this to make me feel bad? Cause if you are, I swear I will-" he stopped himself, knowing that being rude-like he always is, is not going to solve the problem.

"Let's get you out of here."

He took my hand gently before I pulled it away from his grip.

"Come on, princess, I promise to be nice," his voice was peaceful and warm. His smile and words calmed me down almost immediately. He tried taking my hand again, this time succeeding.

He took a deep breath, and before I knew it, we were inside the women's bathroom. I wanted him to leave me alone but at the same time, I didn't know how I would end up without him.

He held my face with both of his hands, forcing me to look at his warm green eyes. His touch made me feel something.

Something I didn't want to feel for him.

"Stay here, ok? Don't move," he waited for my answer patiently, still holding me close. I nodded, and he ran out of the bathrooms like his life was on the line.