Chapter 11

I know I promised two chapter when I finally update and I intend keeping my promise, thus, this is the first of the chapters promised. The second would soon be published. I hope you enjoy it.

But before, I would like to thank you all for your patience and your support. i have reached 900 readers in such a short time and it is all because of you wonderful people. Thank you so much and keep reading and sharing this story with your friends and other book lovers. 

Enjoy :)

After their argument in the conference room, Evelyn went out to the café across the street. It was newly opened and she decided to try it out. Plus, she really needed the caffeine. She had returned a few minutes later to get ready for the next meeting and found Andre's office empty. When the time for the meeting was up, she tried Andre's phone but there was no answer. The calls were moved to his voicemail. After ten minutes of waiting, Evelyn was contemplating whether to reschedule or just cancel the meeting all together. She finally decided to reschedule for the following morning and dismissed everyone.

She got home quite angry and stressed and decided to just go help her mom at the pub. She took a quick hot shower and tied her wet hair up in a ponytail, wore a pair of black leather shorts and a loose t-shirt and trotted to the pub which was about five blocks down.

Evelyn couldn't be happier when the weekend finally came. The whole week had been awkward and confusing. She didn't know what to feel towards Andre. She felt resentful for his behaviour on Monday and for completely avoiding her as much as possible and treating her like she didn't exist. He didn't come with Philip anymore when he came to pick her up for work. At work though, the awkwardness was no surprise. The baffling thing was the fact that she was always hurt and angry with herself and everyone who dared try to talk to her. Mariah suffered her anger almost every evening now and had decided it was better to stay at the pub longer than usual for both of their benefits.

Tonight, she decided to let go of her anger as it was pointless, and hang with her mom at the pub. The pub was lively and full and Evelyn took the only empty stool at the bar.

"Is it safe to ask how your day went?" Mariah eyed her daughter and served her can of beer. Evelyn sighed.

"It was okay. Work was okay. My 'boss' ignores me till he needs me. I don't even know what his problem is." Anger laced her voice.

"Calm down, hunny. I'm pretty sure he's got his own problems to deal with. Maybe that's just how he deals with things. You never know what anyone is facing."

"Maybe he could try to find a better way of dealing with his problems." Evelyn muttered.

"Look, why don't you just let it go? Letting it get to you is only going to stress you out." Mariah poured out a shot of tequila for a customer.

"I can't. I don't think I can't just close my eyes to the fact that it could last longer than just this week. I..." Evelyn felt the buzz of her cell phone in the front pocket of her jeans.

"Speak of the devil." She muttered when she saw the caller ID and her mom chuckled. "Are you going to answer it?"

Evelyn took in a deep breath and then swiped the phone screen to answer the call.

"Hello"

"Where are you?" Evelyn rolled her eyes in irritation.

"I'm at the bar."

"Can you meet me? I'd like to talk to you."

Evelyn looked at her mother who just smiled and nodded her head at her as if she had heard Andre's request. Evelyn gave a defeated sigh and nodded.

"Hello, are you still there?" Evelyn mentally slapped herself for forgetting he could not see her response.

"Yeah. Sure. I'll be back at my place in ten." She hang up, finished her beer and reluctantly got off her stool.

Taking her sweet time, Evelyn reached home only to find Andre seated in the driver's seat of his Ferrari. Evelyn knocked on the window before opening the passenger door and settling into the comfortable car seat. There was an awkward silence before Andre finally spoke.

"My mom sent us an invite to lunch tomorrow. She wants to spend some time with her daughter-in-law."

"Okay. What time are picking me up?"

"Is 12:30 okay for you?"

"Sounds fine." Then there was the deafening silence for a minute or two. Hasty to leave his uncomfortable presence, Evelyn spoke.

"Is that all?" she glanced at him, consciously looking at him for the first time tonight.

"Yes. That would be all." He started the engine as if to dismiss her and the annoyed Evelyn got out of the car.

Andre sped off in anger. He was such a fool. He came here just to see her and apologise yet he had flopped that one and had given the impression that he only came to convey his mother's invitation. Something he could have done over the phone. The whole week, he had avoided her as much as possible. Talking to her only when necessary. He felt terrible for his outburst and entire behaviour and had thought of apologising to her more than once yet his pride would not let him utter a word to her. Well, he would be seeing her tomorrow. He would apologise to her then. Hopefully, she would be in a good mood unlike tonight. He felt the distance between them and maybe it was his fault. She didn't even spare him a moment's glance. Andre sighed. He prayed lunch with his mother would change things. 

I hope you enjoyed it and are eager to see what happens during lunch. Well, I am as well. LOL.

I would appreciate you all leaving your thoughts and ideas in the comments section. If there's a fantasy you wish to read in this story, feel free to add that in your comments as well. After all, im writing this story for your