Chapter 8

Sorry Guys for the inconsistency and inconveniences. i am trying my best to be able to update as often as i can and on schedule. Please pardon me and i hope you enjoy this chapter as well even though it's short. 

                           Looking into his all too familiar greenish-grey eyes, Evelyn fought the urge to puke. She had moved here to start afresh but her nightmare had reached her, found her. Dizzy, she staggered her way through the sea of sweaty, musky, bodies and out the club. Once outside, she exhaled. She hadn't even noticed she had been holding her breath. Raw pain slashed through her heart as she recalled the events of the past month. A tear escaped, rolling down her cheek. She heard her name but she had no strength left inside her to turn and listen to what Andre had to say. All she needed now was a dreamless sleep. Sleep that could take all this away. Sleep she would wake up from and all of this would rather be the dream. The bad dream.

Within seconds, Andre was beside her, holding her soft, delicate body against his. Not knowing what to say or do, he stroked her hair and whispered soothingly, "Let it all out."

Her quiet sobs made his heart ache. He cursed under his breath.

"I'd like to go home, please" she said amid sobs and tried to wipe her tears with the back of her hands.

"Sure." He led the way to his car and helped her in, buckling in her seatbelt.

She leaned into the seat and closed her eyes. Hurt was etched onto her face and Andre couldn't help but admire her for trying to be strong. Most women would have caused a scene, automatically.

The drive was very silent and when he touched her hand to tell her they had arrived, she was already sleeping.

Sleepy she looked about them. "This isn't my house."

"No, it isn't. It's my place. Thought I'd be a good friend and cheer you up a little before taking you back. Plus, I don't want your mother to kill me for failing to make you happy."

Evelyn chuckled. "It's not your fault."

"But I promised to make you smile throughout our date."

Evelyn sharply looked at him. "This was a date?"

"Yes. We are two people spending time getting to know each other. That's basically what dates are right?"

She sighed.

"Hey, don't be all moody. The night's still young enough. I have wine, chips and a Netflix subscription. I don't have any popcorn though, but I doubt that is going to be a problem." He said with a toothy smile that made Evelyn laugh softly.

"That's why you brought me here?"

"Well, that's one of my sister's favourite things to do and according to her, almost every sane, normal person likes it so I figured I could cheer you up with that." He shrugged.

"I take it that the sane and normal part was meant to be in your offense?" she chuckled.

"yes." They both laughed.

"You know she isn't wrong about that. You are too serious and work too much. I doubt you even know how to operate a television." She teased.

"ouch." Andre said, placing a hand over his heart.

"Let's go in before I freeze in here." She said, opening her door.

"You know that's not possible. I could have turned on the heater."

Evelyn rolled her eyes at him feeling much better.

They went up and as she settled in one of the beautiful couches, he got the wine and a bag of potato chips. He turned on a curved 72 inch curved 3-D television that hang on the wall.

"What do you want us to watch?" he asked her and his response was a simple shrug as she took a sip of her wine; a San Roman Bodegas y Vinedos Toro.

"You choose this one and I'll pick what we watch next." She said.

"Okay, but after I choose, don't say I didn't give you the chance to pick what you wanted."

He picked one and sat beside her, curled up with a blanket. The movie started and Evelyn smiled. "Jaws. Nice choice. You know, that's a classic."

Andre looked at her and smiled with satisfaction.

The movie ended soon enough and Evelyn chose the next movie, a more modern film; the Do-Over. They kept taking turns all night and eventually slept through the fifth or sixth movie. 

hope you enjoyed it and please do not forget to vote this chapter and all the other ones and share with your friends... 

Thanks.