Chapter 7

Zoe

Next day Sam and I drove down to the house again. Helen was spending several hours with us there while contractors inspected it. If everything went well then I was going to start the buying process on the same day.

While contractors walked around the house I took Sam down to the river.

"Ok, imagine an arch here, with loads of flowers, loads of lights, loads of candles. You and Luke stand here and promise to love eachother for the rest of your lives. Then everyone is having dinner under these trees with thousands of fairy lights hanging down, loads of flowers and candles lighting up the table." I tried to paint a picture to Sam. This would be my gift to her if she liked it.

"Are you serious? You would let me have my wedding here? Zoe, this place is amazing and everything you described sounds just how I imagined" she looked around with a huge smile on her face. That's what I wanted, to make her happy.

"I know babe, I am your best friend you know" I said pulling her into a quick hug.

"You really are. Yes please! I would love to have our wedding here. I need to call Luke and show him this. Zoe, I have to tell him about your lottery win, he will ask questions about how you have all this money for cars and houses."

"Fine, but make him swear to not say anything to anyone".

"Of course he won't, he is your friend".

"I know. I just don't want any unnecessary attention".

My phone rang. "Hey Helen" I answered leaving Sam by the water so she could speak to Luke.

"Hey Zoe, there is a gentlemen here from a security company. He said he has an appointment with you".

"Oh yes, I just wanted a quote from them. I'll be at the house in a few minutes. Thanks Helen".

John

I was tired today as I couldn't sleep again. I haven't slept properly since I came back from Lake District. The way I treated Zoe was eating at me but she was better off without me so I decided just dive in to work and try to forget her. So far my attempts were very unsuccessful as I saw her everywhere I went.

My PA called me about a meeting today so I got ready and drove down to the site. Property was beautiful, old english house, huge with loads of ground to cover. I could have my team install security systems in the house and also secure the perimeter. The owners will need to have at least one member here at all times for their own peace of mind.

The estate agent was a nice looking lady but I couldn't get excited about all the smiles she was giving me. I stood on the porch reading my emails to find the owners name because Sheila forgot to tell me.

"Sorry to keep you waiting" a woman's voice came from behind me. A woman I couldn't stop thinking about. I turned around and there was Zoe, in a yellow polka dot maxi dress with a deep v-neck showing off those beautiful breasts of hers. Her hair piled up on her head and a few tendrils framing her gorgeous face. Fuck me she was stunning. My gut ached because I ended up hurting her when that was the last thing I wanted to do.

"John" her face changed from a pleasant smile to surprise and then scowl.

"Hello Zoe, it's really good to see you. Is this your house?" I asked surprised and trying to only look at her face.

"I'm getting it inspected and will buy it if everything goes well. What are you doing here, John?" she asked annoyed. She looked so damn cute when she was angry.

"You contacted my company for a security system quote so here I am" I smiled at her admiring her beauty. The longer I looked at her the harder it was to remember the reasons why I should stay away from her.