Chapter 8

John

She still smelled like flowers and sunshine. Fuck me, I couldn't let her go. Not again. I had to fix this. I can work through my issues, I can be better. I can be the man for her. I haven't stopped thinking about her since I met her and now that I got a second chance to make her mine I wasn't going to let her go.

I drove to the White Buck and Zoe was hot on my heels. I parked up and then waited for her to park. It was really warm outside so I left my jacket in the car.

Zoe's dress split was high so when she was getting out of her car I got an excellent view of her tanned, toned legs. Why does she have to torture me like that? I groaned inwardly looking away.

"Ok, lets go talk business" she smiled at me. This was progress. I offered her my arm and to my utter surprise she took it. We went in and asked waitress for a table outside. Once we sat down I ordered a beer and Zoe ordered a glass of white wine.

"Ok, so talk me through it" she took a sip of her wine. Her sitting in front of me with a dress like that made me so hard and I was wearing suit trousers so I could be in trouble. She made me feel like a teenager giving me a boner whenever she looked at me.

"Hmm Zoe, can you please do me a favour? Could you let you hair down and cover up your, hmm, you know." I looked down at the cleavage and my dick twitched painfully.

"What? Oh." she finally understood what I meant. She let her hair down and it cascaded down in waves. Zoe pulled the hair forward and covered herself up. Even her hair was fucking sexy. I put my head in my hands.

"You are killing me here baby."

"What did I do now? I did as you asked." Zoe looked down at herself.

"Zoe, you are ridiculously hot. You can wear a potato sack and have a bag over your head and you will still make me hard as rock. It's you baby, you just have this sexy thing about you that is impossible to resist." I said looking her in the eyes.

She looked at me confused. "What?" I asked her.

"This makes no sense. You told me you didn't like me and now you say this and call me baby? Are you making fun of me? Do you want to humiliate me again?" she said looking furious and hurt at the same time.

"Zoe, I'm tired of pretending." I exhaled. Here goes nothing. "I lied to you when I said I didn't like you. I haven't stopped thinking about you and that kiss since you left me in that damn car park. I told you I'm no good for you. I'm damaged, you saw some of it yourself when you woke me up. I'm dangerous, I'm trained to kill, I've seen too much, done too much and now I don't know how to live in this normal world where people aren't trying to kill you on every corner. I'm trying to adjust but it's hard. I have a lot of baggage and it's all fucked up. You are too good for me, too kind" I poured it all out. Surprisingly I felt so much better after it. I have never told this to anyone before and it felt so good to get it of my chest.

Zoe just sat there looking at me shocked. Her face softened, she stood up, walked over to me and gave me a gentle kiss. Then she walked away. Did she leave? Was this a goodbye? Did I fuck this up again? I saw Zoe come back and watched her pick up her glass of wine.

"Take your beer. Come on" I did as I was told. Zoe took my hand and led me through the bar, up the stairs and she unlocked the door to the stag suite. It was lovely room, very serene, it had a huge window overlooking the forest. Zoe led me to the sofa and sat me down. What was she doing?

Zoe

"John, tell me anything you want to say. Share anything you want to share. I'm here, I hear you and I want to be there for you if you want to talk" I said holding his hand in mine.