HAHAH SIKE-

"Well, that was pretty easy, was it?"

The shattered remains of the window lay on the velvet rug as Luna flew in after her friends. Though brightly lit, the magnificent tower was eerily quiet and that made it feel incredibly dark, and they felt like anything could pop out around every corner. So far, they were alone - or at least that was what it looked like since they crashed into the window to break it and nobody came to intercept them.

"Alright, this place is huge," Verdan said, looking around. "How the fuck are we gonna look for Cyan and Kinn in here without getting caught?"

Ferris frowned. "I mean, I don't see any guards around here," she said. "This place looks pretty empty."

"Well, don't get too comfortable," Luna said grimly. "Who knows what could be hiding around here?"

"Hmm, I don't know... Fresh, Corrupted bitches, a Corrupted triangle maybe?" Lili answered sarcastically.

"Exactly. And that was obvious - you can't joke or sass for shit, Lils."

"Hey, tell that to Flurry, she's the one who created me and she can't make a proper dialogue."

"True."

"Alright, alright," Verdan spoke up. Usually, he would be the first to crack a joke and lighten the mood, but he can turn serious when he needs to, and he was currently in his most serious mode. "So I'm guessing the first thing we gotta do is find the staircase. This thing is over a hundred stories tall - surely the most important stuff is kept on the top floor."

"So do we split up?"

"Fuck no! Bad idea. C'mon, let's just go this way."

They had come across a fork and chose to go right. It was a particularly long hallway, and because of that the four were convinced that the staircase was at the end of it. But when took another few steps forward, everything suddenly went pitch black.

There was no warning, no sign. Just all the candles abruptly died and plunging the group into complete darkness.

There was a stunned, terrified silence - until Ferris gingerly broke the silence.

"Er... guys?" she squeaked.

"I-I'm here," Verdan's voice quietly replied, and Ferris almost had a heart attack when she felt a hand curl around her wrist.

"Verdan! Is that you?!"

"Yes, it's me! Stay quiet. Lils? Luna?"

"I'm here, Dan," came Lili's answer. "Where are you?"

"Follow the sound of my voice. Where's Luna?"

And just like that, the candles all lit up again as suddenly as they died, and Lili's shocked face was only a metre away from Verdan's.

But where was Luna?

They immediately got their answer.

Their hearts turned to ice as they heard the first sounds of muffled screaming. Immediately, they whipped around - only to see Luna suspended in the air, struggling as her whole body was bound by tight, pink coils that were threatening to start curling around her throat. And standing right beside her was a tall horned man with locks of bold pink hair, an unsettling grin stretched across his face.