five: the prank wars

Pete is giggling very early this morning when the crew is filming him. They continue to roll the cameras as he tapes an air horn to the wall quickly and securely.

When he's finished, he turns to the camera, winks, and holds a finger up to his lips.

Pete: Every year we hold an annual prank war. Nothing and nobody is off limits! I'd like to think I am the king of pranks around here and everyone just kisses the ground I grace my feet on to not get pranked. [smirks] Yet, I show no mercy. Especially to one particular worker here.

Ryan whistles to himself as he walks up to the cafe door. He digs out his keys and starts searching for the right key to the shop. The camera catches the subtle happy bouncing, but no one questions him about it.

He unlocks the door and pushes it open.

BWATT!

Ryan shouts, jumps, and covers his ears before tripping and falling backwards into the person's chest behind him. He is shaking and his heart is beating faster than normal.

The person currently holding up the scared employee laughs loudly and obnoxiously at his misfortune.

"Pete got you pretty good Ross!"

Ryan groans, "f**k off Dallon! And don't touch me!"

He punches his coworker's bicep and storms inside. Dallon just smirks and follows behind.

Dallon: This year, Pete asked me to help him prank Ryan. Pete's pranks can be a bit extreme, and I am pretty sure Ryan is very close to suing him.

Ryan: Last year, Pete gave me a 'shampoo' that was supposed to help with dry scalp. Instead, my hair got bleached. The year before that, he faked a murder scene at the cafe and tried framing me. My first year he paid some girl to call me and tell me that I am her baby's father. [buries face in hands, groans] I have never even kissed anyone! How did I fall for that?!

Ryan throws his bag on the counter and glares at his cackling boss, "Pete listen, can we not have anymore stupid pranks today? Why don't we actually try to work?"

Pete takes a few deep breaths and wipes his teary eyes. He nods, a few laughs still slipping out from him.

"Okay, okay. No more pranks from me. I promise," Pete says. Two fingers crossing behind his back.

Ryan sighs in relief, "thank you."

Picking his bag back up, Ryan heads to the back. It only takes a few minutes before Dallon and Pete hear a scream and watch Ryan scramble back up to the front. He jumps over the counter and hides behind Dallon.

"There's a snake! A snake!" Ryan yells. He is gripping Dallon's biceps tightly and shaking even more than earlier.

Yet, the man just snorts and laughs, "fake snake Pete?"

Pete grins, "saw it at the store last night."

Ryan glares at them and punches Dallon's back.