| 9 |

Tonight was the night.

Everything was ready for tonight as the lights shined bright like fireflies.

[ Name ] took one last glance at herself in the mirror as she gave a twirl.

She was really living a small girl's dreams. Although, was she really?

All this happened because of the one person she despised. And, he was long gone now.

She looked back into the mirror before proceeding into the hall and onto the stage before Lucille finished her performance.

"And, that's was our lovely Angel of Paris, Lucille!"

The audience cheered, and clapped for her as the curtains closed.

"Good luck out there you two,"Lucille said as she joined her friends, and boyfriend.

"And, now! Presenting -M-, and [ Stage Name ]!!"

The curtains rised as the two came on stage as the music began ( [ Name ], Francoeur ):

Fly me to the moon

Let me play among the stars

Let me see what spring is like

On a, Jupiter and Mars

In other words, hold my hand

Francoeur held out his hand towards [ Name ] as she smiled taking his hand as they danced:

In other words, baby, kiss me

Fill my heart with song

And let me sing for ever more

You are all I long for

All I worship and adore

In other words, please be true

In other words, I love you

The lights dimmed down as the stage's lights were to be seen. A spotlight following their movements:

Fill my heart with song

Let me sing for ever more

You are all I long for

All I worship and adore
be true

In other words, in other words

I love you

He gave her a twirl before tipping her over as the music ended.

Their gazes between one another parted as the crowd cheered, and clapped as they bowed.
___________
___________

After the performance, people came up to [ Name ] or Francoeur, congratulating them or asking for their signatures.

She shook hands with each and everyone of them.

Smiling and nodding. Smiling and nodding. Smiling and nodding.

Exhausted, she let out a sigh.

Everyone had left afterwards, well everyone except the gang themselves.

"Good work out there you two," Emile said placing a hand on Francoeur's back.

Although, [ Name ] gave a faint 'meow', at the moment she was lost in her thoughts.

However they were interrupted when Charles came up towards her holding up a card at her:

Is everything alright?

She nodded. Thanking the giant flea once more for the bouquet as they waved goodbye to their friends.

Making their way to the lab, the professor was inside working on some experiments.

Opening the door, alerting the professor as the two walked inside.

"Ah. I see you two have made it back. Come now, let me show you what I've been coming up with," he said as they came to his side.

"I've been working on a newer growth serum for the flowers, so they don't become too enormous."

They didn't want to have another incident like the previous day.

One of the flowers burst through the greenhouse's ceiling causing glass to fall.

Luckily, they were in unharmed, but as for the roof? Not so much.

Both [ Name ] and Charles watched as the professor placed a sunflower seed into the soil before spraying it with his new experiment.

He added water as they backed up, hearing rumbling from the spot the seed was placed.

From its spot, the flower sprouted out of the ground as the three went for cover.

Although, nothing.

They looked over towards the giant flower seeing that it didn't break through the ceiling.

"Eureka! I've done it!"

They cheered for the professor's success in his experiment.

'This'll certainly become a breakthrough for farmers for their crops, right professor?' [ Name ] signed towards him.

"Yes indeed. Although, I must run more test before we can be fully sure it's stable enough,"he suggested,"However, you two should get some rest."

'What about you, professor?'

"Don't worry, I'll be heading to bed as well after I clean up," he assured them as he began doing so.

The two nodded before heading off to their rooms.

Night fell as the moon shined throughout the greenhouse.

However, a certain someone was still awake.

[ Name ] was a bit tiresome of stirring in her sleep, so she got out of bed.

Making sure that she didn't wake the professor, or Charles as she cautiously went outside, going out into the backyard.

She felt the breeze against her fur as she sat down on the ground looking towards the moon.

Thoughts ran through her mind one by one, one question after the other.

What would happen if the professor never left?

What would happen if the professor knew about his assistant reading his notes?

Would she even be the way she is now? Possibly not.

It was never her fault for being this way, although she couldn't blame it on the miscreant who did either.

He was long gone.

Or that's what they believed..