Chapter 36 preview

<Since I haven't updated in a while, I'm so so sorry about that by the way, I might as well give you a preview. So enjoy! (And this will be deleted once the proper chapter is done, which will hopefully be later today, so don't get attached!)>

Taurtis looked around at the assembled people, silently watching them all. They had split off into groups, seemingly by instinct. The Evolutionists stayed together but the Hermits weren't that uniformed. Mumbo and Iskall stayed close to each other, Stress making her way in to comfort Iskall. Joe moved away from everyone, Cleo following him in silent support. The other stayed semi-together and semi-separated, all staying close but with separations into smaller groups.

Everyone was comforting each other, trying to keep tears away. He just looked on in muted sorrow, he knew the first day didn't deserve his tears. Or maybe he should cry now, make it so that he had no tears to cry on the later days.

"Are you alright?" Whispered Netty to the ebony haired man, laying a hand on his shoulder.

"No. I'm not. " Was his reply. "And I'm not sure there's anything that can be done to help it."

She smiled at him sadly. "Just remember that we're here for you, no matter what."

Taurtis gave her a small thankful smile. "I know."

He turned away from the groups and looked back to where the "memory screen" (he didn't have a better name for it) was, and he nearly screamed bloody murder.

Because looming right outside of Grian's cell was someone he thought to be long dead. At first he had though he was just seeing things, that it was just someone that looked like him. But then he had to go and let out a low laugh, and it became clear that this was him. He was back, and sure he probably was nothing but a thing that Hills or Fallacy had created, but Grian wouldn't see that. He wouldn't see the lies, he wouldn't see that he wasn't actually back.

All he'd see was that Sam was back, back and hungry for blood.