3/31/20

Day 15:

So our 'shelter-in-place' order has just been extended to May 3rd. May 3rd. That's more than a month away. I thought I was going good for having survived two weeks of quarantine, but now we're tacking four more weeks onto the end of it.

To make things better or worse, I can't decide which, the weather has been beautiful lately. It's warm, but not too hot. A couple white fluffy clouds puffing across the sky. Usually on a day like this, I'd be excited for practice (not drylands - drylands in the heat suck) and maybe making plans for my friends to come over and swim on the weekend. Everyone would be complaining about allergies and I would laugh and say the chlorine clears my sinuses. I'd be out there with the birds, yelling my joy to the world.

Now the only one of those things I can do is open my windows. I go out and tend my garden, longing for grassy fields and open pools. That's the part I can't decide is good or bad. I love the weather, and I love airing out my room, but it makes me conscious of what I'm missing. With the rain and the clouds, at least I wouldn't usually go out, and I'd be inside anyway, but the slight breeze and warm glow of the sun long for adventures that I can't go on.

I'm going to miss the entire spring. And while summer has its charms, it gets too hot sometimes, which I suppose gets me in the pool. I hope that I am able to stay happy through four more weeks of quarantine. And I wish any of the rest of you under similar orders good luck.