PART 18 // Resurrection

When I opened my eyes, I was in a field. The sun was shining brightly and butterflies were flying around me. I felt peace and joy, just like the woman said I would, and I wondered if this was heaven.

"Hello?"

I looked around for the woman, but she wasn't there. I was alone, or so I thought. Someone was approaching me slowly. It was a different woman, and as she got closer, I noticed that she looked familiar.

"Aunt Yvonne?"

"Hi baby girl!"

I gasped. I couldn't believe it. It was really her. I ran into her arms and we embraced. I touched her face and she touched mine and we both cried.

"I can't believe it's really you!"

"I can't believe it either baby girl."

I looked into her eyes and I noticed something strange. Her eyes were grey.

"Am I dead?"

"No, you're not dead. Not yet."

"Are you dead?"

"No, I'm not either."

"Then where are we? Where did that woman go?

"We're in Georgia, Eve. You're home. That woman was suicide. She's been following you since you were a child."

"What? Why?"

"To get you to do what you just did. Walk with me."

I took her hand and together we walked through the field.

"You're powerful, Eve. You always have been, and that power comes at a price."

"That's what my mother said."

"I know. Those that are powerful are constantly under attack. That's who that woman was. She was a messenger sent to get you to destroy yourself, and you did it. You destroyed yourself. Why?"

"What do you mean why? Do you know all that I've been through?"

"I do."

"Then you should know I could no longer take it. Life was too much to bear."

Aunt Yvonne exhaled and we continued walking in silence. Then I asked her about her eyes. 

"I'm blind Eve."

"What?"

"Yes. I'm blind."

She told me that she went blind right after we left. She fell into a deep depression and was on the verge of killing herself, but then she had an encounter with God.

"He took my vision. I lost my earthly sight, but I was finally able to see."

"See what?"

"See God," she said with a smile. "Come with me."

She extended her hand to me and I took it. As soon as my hand touched hers I knew that she had power. It felt just like I was holding my mother and I smiled. Together we walked through the field. Even though she was blind, she moved like she could see, and she was so much different from the aunt I had known growing up. The aunt I knew growing up was loud and vulgar, but this woman was quiet and gentle, almost angelic.

"I've been in Georgia healing the sick and leading others to Christ. I wanted to come for you and Leah and I even hired someone to find you, but nothing. But I had peace because I knew that you both were alive, and that's why I'm here."

"How do I know you're real? How do I know I'm not just imagining this?"

"I don't have an answer for that. You may never know, but I'm here and I want to help you. You are powerful baby girl, and you can't kill yourself. Your work is not finished."