Chapter Fourteen: Home?

......The last thing I smell is chloroform evading all my senses, muting all my thoughts, and stopping me from fighting.

My eyes fluttered open.

The first thing I see is the J look alike.

The first thing I feel is aches and pains everywhere covering my body.

The first thing I hear is water dripping from a nearby leak in the roof.

The first thing I taste is dried blood covering my mouth.

The first thing I smell is the old building surrounding me.

The J look alike stands up and said his voice surprisingly gentle "You're awake?"

My voice was raspy, but I quickly asked every question that came to mind, "What's your name, why did you bring me here, what do you want, who are you?!?!"

"I'm Jerome and I'm here to bring you back home."

"What do you mean?"

He walked over to an old chalkboard. Only now do I realize we're in an old burn-down school and it was raining outside he picked up a piece of chalk and drew two dots. Then turned back around to face me.

"As they explained to me. There are multiple Earths, and you were put here when you walked into your father's lab while he was testing an experiment bringing the person you call Bat-girl there and you here. Once I get you back there, we can work on getting your memories back." He quickly added, "And here ages are messed up, somehow majorly, your acutely Seventeen."

My head started hurting I didn't know what to say so I said the first thing that came to mind. "So, Bat-Girl isn't dead. And you're taking me back home?"

He nodded.

"How?"

"This armband I'm wearing." He pulls his sleeve up a little bit. Showing a silver armband with weird designs on it then continued "If you hold my hand and we both think of home. Then it will teleport us there."

I slowly stood up from the ground and tried to walk over to where he was standing. But I stumbled and almost fell but before I did Jerome caught me and picked me up bridal style.

"Think of home." I did then he whispered, "By the way you don't have any special powers back home."

Then the designs on the band started to glow white and then we were in a room I don't recognize, and I feel different. There were so many people all looking so sad they all looked at me and Jerome and seemed so much happier.

But I didn't remember any of them.