Chapter 8: Apology

Hope you like it!

Top Floor
Ben's Dorm
5:00 PM
Wednesday
April 1st

Ben's POV:
All my friends had dates to prom. But not me. I was gonna spend it alone in my room while my friends had a blast.

I had a feeling Joshua was gonna cheat and hurt Erica. But when I tried to tell her, she just said I was jealous and a bad friend. She wouldn't even talk to me. I loved her so, so, so much. But when I tried to tell her the truth, she didn't believe me, even though she said she did.

I may only be 16, but she's the love of my life. And she hates me. I started to cry. I hated looking so weak. But I was. My teachers used to say I fought like a wet tissue. A WET TISSUE.

I had become better than Joshua Hallal in the end though. I was the second best fighter in the school, under Erica, of course. But even she wasn't that much better than me.

But I didn't care about any of that. I just wanted Erica back.

I heard a knock at my door.

"Hey Ben, can we talk? Please?"

It was... Erica?

What but I thought-

"Ben, I know you're in there. Mike told me. Please let me in. I really need to talk to you."

"Uhhh... okay."

I wiped my tears away and got up to open the door. But what I saw shocked me even more. Her eyes were red like she had been crying? And then she walked in and closed the door. And she walked over and hugged me.

"What the hell happened? Erica, are you okay?" She shook her head and sniffled. I rubbed her back soothingly. She cried into my chest and I knew something was wrong.

"Can you at least tell me what's going on? Please? I'm really worried about you. You're never like this so I know you're hurt deeply." She pulled away slowly, like she didn't want to and nodded.

"You were right." She whispered.

"Right? About what?"

"Joshua."

"Oh no! Erica I'm so sorry. I never meant to ruin your-" She cut me off.

"Ben. Don't you dare think for a second this is your fault. I went to go see Joshua and found him kissing another girl. I don't know who it was. But when she saw me she asked him, 'Baby, who's that?' He realized I was there and quickly pulled away. 'Oh, um this is Erica my... friend.' I looked at him. 'We've been dating for a month and I'm just your friend? Who's she?' 'This is my other girlfriend Emily and we've been dating for 3 weeks.' I slapped him in the face and came straight here. Because I had to apologize for not believing my best friend. I thought you were just jealous but you were trying to protect me from getting hurt. And I treated you like a jerk. I'm truly sorry."

"You have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you." I hugged her and she didn't resist. I felt her tears running down my chest. "Who's he going with to prom?"

"Probably Emily." I could hear the hate in her voice. "If she'll even go with him. But either way I'm not going. Everyone already have dates. Who are you going with?" I looked down.

"No one. I wanted to go with you. Because I love you. Will you think about going to prom with me? Even just as friends?" She smiled and looked up. She kissed me and we both blushed.

"I'd love to, but maybe not just as friends? We're best friends, but I kinda wanna try a-." She took a deep breath. "Okay, I really like you and I'm really sorry. Every night since you warned Joshua I've thought about how I should never have stopped being your friend just for him. And I've never missed anyone more than I missed you in the past month. I liked you since I tackled you during the SASCA's but I was just-. I don't know really. But I feel terrible for basically choosing him over you. It'll never happen again, I promise."

"Thank you. That really means a lot. Erica, will you go to prom with me?" She smiled.

"It's a date." I kissed her and she kissed back.

I can't believe the girl of my dreams is now my girlfriend. Right? The 'it's a DATE' meant we're dating? I hope? Life is changing so much. But I wouldn't change a thing.