Chapter 4: Warning #2

This is when Ben warns Joshua not to hurt Erica.

Dorms
Joshua's Dorm
9:30 PM
Saturday
March 2nd

Ben's POV:
I knocked on the door.

"Hey Ben. What are you doing here?"

"I came to tell you something important."

"And that is?"

"Who are the best 3 fighters in the school?"

"Erica, then you, then me. Why?"

"If you hurt her in any way or cheat on her, you'll find out just how much better I am. Even if she doesn't wanna be my friend anymore, I will beat your ass if you hurt her."

"Is that a threat?"

"So you do have at least a couple brain cells up there. I suggest you use them to be kind to Erica." I looked at Erica who was sitting on the bed and gave a small smile. She blushed. I turned around and walked away leaving him speechless.

Erica's POV:
I was just hanging out with Joshua when someone knocked on the door.

"Hey Ben. What are you doing here?" Josh asked.

"I came to tell you something important."

"And that is?"

"Who are the best 3 fighters in the school?"

"Erica, then you, then me. Why?"

"If you hurt her in any way or cheat on her, you'll find out just how much better I am. Even if she doesn't wanna be my friend anymore, I will beat your ass if you hurt her."

"Is that a threat?"

"So you do have at least a couple brain cells up there. I suggest you use them to be kind to Erica." He glanced at me and smiled a little. I blushed and he did too before turning around and walking away.

My head was spinning. Why did I blush? Even though I chose Josh over him, he still came and told him not to hurt me. He looked so cute when he threatened Josh and looked at me like it was nothing. It was really sweet but I was really conflicted. Did I blush because I like him? But I liked Josh, right? I was caught between Ben and Josh. Josh was strong and cute but he wasn't always nice and had a reputation for being unloyal. But Ben was my best friend, kind, sweet, loyal, cute, strong, and protective. He could lose his temper but it was only because he cared so much. I was honest with myself and realized I liked both of them, but Ben was the clear winner. When Ben started to talk to me that day, I'd hoped he was asking me out. But then Joshua interrupted and I agreed. I thought he was cute but he was also kinda rude. Why did I agree?

"Now that that loser is gone, we can go back to having fun and hanging out."

"Actually I'm kinda tired and I'm gonna head up to my room."

"You could sleep here tonight?" He asked hopefully.

"I told you Josh, I'm only 18 and I don't feel comfortable sleeping in someone else's bed. Who knows what could happen and I don't really wanna find out."

"I didn't mean you could sleep with me like that. I just meant you could sleep in my room."

"You say that but I'm not sure I believe you."

"Baby-"

"I said I'm going to bed. I'll see you in the morning.