Chapter 6: A Painful Falling Out

Hope you enjoy!

Top Floor
Ben's Dorm
11:00 AM
Saturday
April 1st

Ben's POV:
It had already been a month of not talking to or hanging out with Erica and I HATED it. I wanted nothing more than to go talk to her or play video games or watch a movie with her. But she'd moved on. She and Joshua were happy and in love while I was sad and broken without the better half of me. Even when we were just friends, she made me better. She was the only reason I got so good at fighting. She was always there to stand up for me and protect me on missions. I finally thawed her, just to have her start dating Joshua. It was spring break so I hadn't left my room in a week.

Someone knocked on the door. I let my hopes get the best of me.

"Erica?"

"Ben, it's Zoe. Can I come in, please? You haven't left your room in a week. I know spring break is 2 weeks but that doesn't mean you can spend it all laying around and moping. I'm worried about you. We all are."

I opened the door.

"Hey Zoe. Come on in."

We sat on the couch.

"Same old Ben. You're miserable, but your room is still spotless along with your clothes. Only thing that shows you're upset is your messy hair and tired, hurt eyes."

"Thank you for observing me." I said sarcastically.

"That's not what I meant. No one had seen you go out since you went to the store to get groceries. And you only went out then so you could stay in for the next 2 weeks."

"And?"

"And you need to just get over her. So what if she's with Joshua? You still have all of us."

"I know I do. I just really like her and really miss her."

"I know you do, but moping isn't gonna get her back. If she wants to be with Joshua, that's her choice. Though it was kind to warn her about him. Even if she didn't listen."

"Thanks Zoe."

"Anytime. Now will you at least come to lunch with us?" She asked with a hopeful smile.

"Fine. But this is a one time thing."

"Mmmhm."

"What?"

"Nothing." She smirked. "Nothing at all."