Part 7: The Plan

~Imani's POV~:

        After dinner, I decided I'd spend the night. There was just no way I was going to sleep in that big ass house by myself.

I've always kept a few items of clothing at my old house just in case. I slipped into a pair of Batman night pants and a plain yellow tank top.

Sitting on Reese's bed, I scrolled through my Instagram as she flipped through the TV channels. I loved my sister to death; we got along really well. Surprisingly.

"Reese, what am I gonna do?" She glanced at me as she stopped on the channel DFH; The Untold Stories of the ER was on.

"You're seriously asking your little sister for advice?" I sighed, looking down at my engagement ring. It had become a habit now.

"Yeah, I am. The plan is kinda stupid ya know? I don't know where the hell he is and I haven't heard from him."

"Call him," suggested Reese simply with her eyes locked on the television screen.

Sighing, maybe for the millionth time today, I called Damiun. My heart hammered in my chest and butterflies awoke in my stomach as the rings went by. Finally, he picked up. But it wasn't him..

"Hello?" My eyebrows drew together at the sound of a female's voice.

"Um.. is Damiun there?" I heard shuffling then she whispered 'hey baby, some girl is asking for you'. What. In. The. Blue. Fuck. My blood was a terrible mixture of boiling and freezing as his voice resonated in my ear.

"Hello?"

"Some girl, huh? Who the fuck was that?!"

"Oh hey, Imani! Baby, I missed you. Don't worry about who that was." Reese was staring at me with wonder and I couldn't help but smile. Smile out of anger.

"If you're cheating on me just say so. I don't have time to waste; be honest." Damiun sighed.

"I love you, of course I'm not cheating on you."

"Then where the hell are you?"

"That's not important, babe. I'll be home in a few days though." There was sudden yelling and shuffling in the background. "Look, Immy, I gotta go. I love you and I'll tell you when I'm coming home." He hung up without letting me say anything else.

My phone fell from my hands as I drew my knees up to my chest. I could do nothing but stare blankedly at the wall, tears falling from my eyes and cascading down my face.

Reese was trying to talk to me but I couldn't hear her. The pain I felt spoke much louder.

I zoned out and buried myself within my racing thoughts..

~

"I know exactly where he's staying." I looked at Jay who was seated at my sister's vanity. When I finally zoned back in and told Reese what happened, she suggested I call Jay to help with the plan.

You're probably wondering what the plan is, right? Basically we're trying to catch Damiun in the act of cheating.

"Do you?" Jay smirked.

"Yeah. It's a bit far but we should go tonight." I cracked my knuckles nervously.

"Are you sure? I have a bad feeling about this."

"I got you."

~

        Since it was midnight, our parents were already in their room. Private time. As a result, we didn't have to break our necks trying to sneak out. We wrote 2 notes and taped one to Reese's bedroom door and the other one on the refridgerator.

I changed into an all black outfit and so did Reese. Jay already wore majority black so he was okay.

As we walked to Jay's car, he played with Reese's hair. "Girllllll. It's so long and red." I rolled my eyes, smiling.

"She got all the recessive prettiness." Jay walked over toward me and put his arms around my shoulders.

"Don't worry, you're drop dead gorgeous." I blushed at his compliment but even in the moonlight, you couldn't see my tinted cheeks.

        It wasn't long before he started the car and we were driving to God knows where. I decided I should text Jerome to let him know what's up.

To: Jerome

Hey.. ik ur prob busy wi Marcus nd all but i just wanna let u kno whats goin on just in case anything happens

I waited patiently to elaborate just in case he texted me back. Although I doubted his quick reply, it came anyway.

From: Jerome

Wtf are u talkin bout?

To: Jerome

Remember how i told u dee is prob cheatin on me? Well me reese n jay are goin to where we think dee is to catch him in the act

It was pitch black outside but I stared out the window anyway. A smile crept onto my face as Jay subtly intertwined his fingers with mine. I looked at him but his eyes were focused on the road. The moment was almost perfect. Almost. If I wasn't on my way to find out if my fiance is cheating on me or not.

From: Jerome

Damn..ight immy. Be safe girl love you call me if anything happens

xx.