Part 6: A Talk

~Damiun's POV~:

        That night was probably one of the worst nights of my life.

Clarissa's friend, Isabel, heard Clarissa's cries and somehow ended up pulling me away from the skimpy girl and knocking me out. When I finally came to, I was laying on the couch where I had previously been.

With a killer headache throbbing through my head, I somehow made my way to the bathroom. I took a good look at myself in the mirror.

My lower lip was completely busted, my right eye was black and blue. As I lifted my hands to touch my injuries, I observed my bloody knuckles. Wow.

I really need to get out of here.

*~*

~Imani's POV~:

        After I vomited and cried in embarrassment, Jay took me home. He actually consoled me and offered to keep me company at my house.

"No Jay, it's fine. I kinda wanna be alone." He put a hand on my shoulder with his hazel orbs boring into my eyes.

"Are you sure?" I nodded and forced a smile. He pulled me into a hug once more before walking down the driveway to his old, black Toyota Corolla.

        I walked into the house and kicked the door shut. Exhaling loudly, I trudged to my bedroom. I kicked off my shoes and flopped onto the bed. As I rolled on my back, my phone started ringing.

"Are you seriously fucking kidding me," I muttered as I picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Hi Imani!" I rolled my eyes at the sound of my old friend's voice.

"Hi Gwen."

"How are you?! We should totally hang out one day!" I stared at my reflection in the dresser mirror, sighing.

"Yeah.. we should."

"Are you busy today?" I paused, thinking.

"Uh, yeah, I am actually. How about this weekend?"

"Sure! Text me the deets on Friday?"

"Yeah yeah okay. See ya." I hung up the phone and dropped it on the bed as I got up to grab my purse. I rummaged through it in an attempt to find my car keys. I rarely drove.

        When I retrieved them, I slipped on a black leather jacket and a basic blue beanie to match my shirt. I slung the purse over my shoulder and headed for the garage. Sitting there waiting for me, was my baby. My neon green BMW M5 with black accents. It was a gift for my birthday from my dad a few years ago.

I slid into the driver's seat and pressed the garage opener. I started the car and backed out of the driveway. Slamming on the gas once I was on the street and 0-100 blasting through the bass-boosted speakers, I was gone.

~

"Hey, ma." I stood in the archway of the kitchen, my mom staring at me with a joyful expression.

"Imani! You never come home these days!" I shrugged with a smile.

"I decided I'd stop by today." My dad gave me a questionable look who was actually helping my mom cook for once.

"Where's Damiun?" Just the sound of his name slightly dampened my mood.

"Um.. I'm not sure actually." Mom chuckled slightly.

"That's funny. How do you not know?" I sighed and rolled my eyes as I leaned against the kitchen counter.

"He never told me." Suddenly, I felt thin arms snake around my neck. I spun around, grinning at my younger sister. "Hey Reese." She remained silent, her chin resting on my shoulder.

Luckily for me, my mom changed the subject. "You staying for dinner?"

"Yeah.. why not?"

"Alrighty. Wanna help me?"

"Nope," I answered quickly and ran away. Reese followed me, laughing.

"Why the hell are you here though?" I waltzed in her room and plopped down on her messy, unmade bed.

"Meh. I wanted to talk to you actually." Since Reese's bed was placed in a corner, I positioned myself on the other edge of the bed and leaned against her teal wall. She got on the bed too and laid down.

"About?" I sighed, staring at my little sister.

"I think Damiun's cheating on me." She laughed and picked up her phone.

"You're delusional. I think those pregnancy hormones are kicking in." I rolled my eyes and groaned.

"Reese it's not a joke! I don't know what the heck to do. He hasn't been around alot lately. I made a new friend his name is Jay and he knows Damiun pretty well.. he told me all about it." Reese huffed and propped herself up on an elbow.

"That's oc. You'd better find out the truth." I laughed dryly.

"How in the blue hell am I gonna do that?" My sister shot up from her position suddenly, her blue eyes ablaze.

"I got an idea!"

~

I sat at the dinner table with my family, my phone in my lap. All of our plates consisted of the same thing; rice and beans, curried and jerk chicken, and vegetable stir fry. My phone buzzed as I picked up my fork. I adverted my gaze to the device, a smile dancing its way across my face.

From: Jay

Hai dere beautiful

"What's so funny down there?" My head immediately shot up to look at my dad who was frowning at me.

"Nothing, dad." My mom dangerously waved her fork around in the air.

"Immy I know you texting somebody. Put that phone up girl and engage in the family conversation." I huffed and slid my phone between my thighs where it would be less of a distraction.

With amazing food and a good talk between my family, I felt good. For now.

xx.