Chapter 22

MEL POV

"God, I feel dead." I said throwing my body onto the bed. I watched as Chris started untying his tie. He's statue and expression concerned me. It was a long and tense day, but he seemed to have handled it well. Unfortunately, he seemed more distant than the day I met him. "hey, you okay?" I asked sitting up and turning my body towards his direction.

He turned slightly before taking off his cuff links. I waited piteously  for his answer. I started looking at his whole demeaner, analyzing him. Was he nervous that we were getting in deeper?

I looked down to his legs, no tapping or anticipation. It wasn't nerves throwing him off. I looked back up at his face, admiring his manly scruff that was growing in. His gaze was still down at his cuff, oblivious of my gaze. He kept attempted to take off the link on his right hand, but it was as if he couldn't focus enough to complete the task.

I stood, noticing finally it was more emotional than mental or psychological. I walked slowly over to him. His gaze never left his cuff, his head in the clouds of his own thoughts. 

I took the cuff link in my own hands, and he quickly released his grip. I could feel his stare finally on me as I quickly removed both links with ease. The silence between us wasn't anything but peaceful.

I looked up towards his eyes, seeing them glazed over with thoughts. I remained silent, hoping he'd open to me. When, I looked down I saw his tie wasn't completely undone, so I started helping him with that as well. 

He turned his body so that it was facing me now. His tie was just as simple as his links, and within seconds I was done.

Chris POV

I had so many questions for her. I had so many thoughts. I had so many things I wanted to say. To say the least I was completely and totally overwhelmed. 

I watched her fingers smooth run over my tie. I couldn't even remember attempting to undoing it. It was as if I my senses came back to life when she stepped in front of me. 

She made my thoughts and questions disappear in seconds, causing me to be speechless. I kept my sight on her as her eyes gazed  up onto mine.

I watched as her mouth opened to form a word or a sentence, but I didn't let her get that far. There was a yearning in me to get closer to her, and I took my shot. 

My hand instantly flew up, holding her face, as my body leaned in and my lips pressed against hers. Within seconds her hands were rising up my back and she was slowly walking us towards the bed.

I was so caught up in her, to notice when the back of her legs hit the bed. I continued, vigorously pressing my lips on every part of her neck, wanted more of her.

Suddenly, a phone started ringing. We both froze as Melissa and I both looked in the direction of our phones. As  my eyes landed on my phone, it began ringing as well.

The room was filled with both ringers now, and before each of us moves, we each looked back at each other, wanting nothing more than the sound to cease.

"You should probably get that." I whispered to her, as I released my hand from her waist. She nodded lightly as she grabbed her phone and exited the room.