Soulful

A sharp pang of emotions suddenly washed over the artist. Tears abruptly started to pour from his sockets. His head hurt, his limbs felt numb and he couldn't think.

Silence.

And then a blood curdling scream.

   A scream that could be heard throughout universe's. A scream that told everyone outside and inside the battlefield exactly what they needed to know.

Error was dead.

___________________

   With a a quick wave goodbye to Dream and Blue, Ink jumped through the paint and ended up in the Doodlesphere. "Hmm... Let's see, let's see..." The artist mused to himself quietly. He let his eyes wander across the multiple different pages, each one opening to a different AU. However, the artist knew exactly which one he needed to go to.

   "Ah ha! There it is! Let's go!" He said as he found the page with a star filled sky. With a quick swipe of his brush, he entered OuterTale.

   Fortunately, the little area he set up with still in tact. On a little island, floating away from the rest, was a blanket made of blue strings. A scarf and a jacket lay in one spot, where Ink would normally sit next to.

   A bittersweet smile crossed Ink's face and he sat down, looking up at the sky filled with splashes out blue, purple, and the occasional pink.

"Isn't it beautiful, Error?" Ink whispered, summoning ̶h̶i̶s̶ Error's SOUL in his hands.

   He stared at it, glitching just ever so slightly. "Heh, yeah, you're right, it's always beautiful..." But you always made it 10 times more beautiful. Ink sniffled as he realized he was crying again. "Oh, whoops... Sorry, Ruru, I'm being emotional again..! Haha... You'd always make fun of me for those kinds of things..." His smile began to falter more and more as the memories before the battle came flooding back to the artist.

   He couldn't. He just couldn't. It was too much... "Too soon..." Ink breathed out, holding the SOUL in his phalanges close as inky black tears began running down his cheeks.

_____________________
Notes:
Fuck yeah, more angst, I live for it!~
This was inspired by the short work that ShandyCandy had written on Tumblr where Error had offered his SOUL to Ink as he was dying.
The ending was left undetermined, so what did I do?
I made my own ending! Where his body actually accepted the SOUL!
Don't ask how, I just wanted an excuse to write more angsty Errorink lmao