07- zaniel • midnight

hi! this isn't edited but who really cares it's daniel's birthday!
••••

daniel's eyes were lidded, the scent of his boyfriend lulling him to sleep as his nose pressed to the brown locks of zach's head. zach had been on his phone, comfortably nestled against daniel as the elder was pressed to his back. his eyes flickered to the clock, a grin growing on his face as he laid his phone on the nightstand.

daniel's nose scrunched, feeling zach's weight begin to shift as the male was attempting to slip away. the elder pulled him close to his best ability, huffing when zach's head didn't meet his lips. as for zach, daniel's arms were wrapped around his head.

zach tapped daniel's forearm multiple times, simply deciding to bare his teeth as he nibbled gently. daniel's eyes opened, grip loosening as he rolled onto his back.

in response to the exhale of daniel, zach stood to head to the bathroom. daniel's hand reached out, however, leaning up onto his elbows lazily.

"zach?"

his voice was raspy and breathy, one hand rubbing at his eye as if he had a clue what was five feet in front of him. his eyes squinted when the bathroom light was turned on, seeing zach's silhouette as the brunet smiled sheepishly.

"sorry, love, i won't be long."

daniel fell back into the sheets, eyes fluttering shut as he could hear the bathroom door close.

zach, well, he didn't have to use the bathroom. the younger male simply wanted an excuse to jump on daniel and shower him with kisses, it was his birthday after all.

the brunet simply tousled his hair and washed his hands before carefully opening the bathroom door, being careful of creaks as he flicked off the light.

now, the original plan was to jump in more of an excited manor, but zach couldn't bring himself to do it as he studied daniel's relaxed face. the break they'd taken was giving him a much more balanced schedule, he valued sleep quite often.

instead of rudely awakening him, zach simply straddled the elder. he leaned down, noses brushing before placing a feather-light kiss there. the process continued, gentle kisses placed on daniel's brow bones and between, the corners of his lips and the delicate arch of his cupids bow. zach could feel a grin begin to grow on daniel's face as he trailed kisses down both sides of his jaw.

daniel's hands reached out, finding zachs and drowsily lacing their fingers together. zach leaned back, smiling down as he gave a small squeeze to daniel's hands.

when the silence remained, zach released a quiet giggle, leaning down to press his nose to daniel's once more. he could feel the tiniest tickle as daniel's eyes opened, blinking to focus on zach.

"you seriously don't know why i'm doing this?"

daniel exhaled through his nose, breath parting as it bounced from zach's upper lip. his tongue peeked out to trace his lips, feeling zach shift his weight on his abdomen.

"it happens often," daniel defended himself, an airy laugh exiting as he leaned up to meet zach's lips. the younger pulled away, though, which caused a pout to form.

zach's hands released daniel's, moving to cup the sides of his face as daniel's simply landed on zach's hips. zach's lips ghosted over daniel's once more, glancing down before meeting his boyfriend's eyes with another grin.

"you're so stupid," he pressed a small, quick peck to daniel's lips. "happy birthday, oldie."

the kiss that followed was soft, passionate, zach didn't mind the slowness of their moment. daniel was still somewhat lazy, thinking about the situation caused for him to smile.

zach lifted, leaning back as he admired the beautiful smile carved into daniel's features. "it's small, but, i noticed it was twelve o'clock, so how could i not?"

daniel only nodded, feeling zach's hands fall to his shoulders as his thumbs traced circles. daniel's arms wrapped around zach's waist, pulling him down to press a kiss to the younger's forehead. "thank you, lovebug."

zach's cheeks were warmed as he smiled, feeling daniel's grip loosen as he grew comfortable. zach's face pressed against daniel's left breast, hovering over the calming heart beat of the elder male.

"i love you, dani."

"i love you too, z, now let's get to sleep before the boys ambush us, yeah?"

••••
wc:728
i can't beleieve he's 21 🥺

••••wc:728i can't beleieve he's 21 🥺