Chapter 35

Ember threw out her fire, hitting the dragon that had attacked Tsavolite in the side of his head, making the dragon pull back a little. The other dragons took a step backwards, unsure of what to make of what was happening as Dando and Fenn jumped on top of the larger male dragon, pushing the dragon who snarled, growled and lashed out away from their friend.

"How dare you attack her!" Fenn shouted at the dragon, whacking the black scaled prince with his tail. "Who are you?"

The black dragon stopped struggling, as he found fighting useless against two determined young males. "Midnight, third in command of the Guardians, elemental dragon and prince of Almaiser." The attacker snarled at the three young dragons, causing them to take a step backwards as Ember surrounded the prince with her fire, she wasn't going to let him harm her friends. The shadows around his wings disappeared, revealing the red, blue and green that all elemental dragons had on their wings.

"How? Elemental dragons are extinct! So are galaxy dragons, and there are none, and never has been dragons with the ability to look in someone's mind!" A female ice dragon said, looking at the varying dragons that looked at her.

"Then how do you explain me?" Midnight said, cocking his head to the side.

"I don't know." She said, her light blue eyes were wide.

"That's because we," Midnight began, indicating the three dragons from Humanyos and himself, "are from other planets. Galaxy dragons do exist-"

"So do those that can do things that you have never thought of before." A voice to their right said, causing them all to look at the newcomer.

"And who are you?" Wave said, looking at the blue dragon.

"Amluse, leader and king of the armies of Humanyos, conqueror of Almaiser. Sorry about your planet, Midnight, it couldn't be helped." Amluse said before looking at Ember, Tsavolite, Dando and Fenn. "How are you four doing?" The four of them smiled, showing that they were all good. "Ember, in the future, return from making peace treaties so I don't have to attack, will you?"

Ember bowed her head, "Amluse, I didn't mean to go missing, nor be the cause for the invasion of a planet."

Amluse laughed, "of course you didn't, you are the one who suggested we ask for a treaty for a war that hadn't yet begun."

Ember felt Midnight's gaze rest on her, she shrugged before answering. "It's only polite, plus we've only come to eat, it's not like we want to kill everyone." She smirked. "I don't feel like incinerating everyone, I could, but I don't really want to." She turned towards the leaders of the sides who were leading the elemental war. "So, stop having your stupid war. Can we, the dragons from Humanyos now go and live?"

"Technically, you aren't a Humanyos dragon." Ember whipped her head to look at Scar, who had just spoken. "You are a dragon of the fire, you belong with us, with your family."

"Yet, she has lived the majority of her life with us." Amluse said, glaring at Scar. "After you killed her sibling and her mother," he turned his gaze from Wave back to Scar and Red, "after you tortured her," he looked at Midnight, "after you stole her."

"Let's not forget that you stole her too." Midnight grumbled. "She did almost kill your queen, didn't she?"

"Yes, but-"

"She did try to escape, succeeding in rescuing others but failing to save herself?" Midnight cut in.

"Yes, but-" Amluse began again.

"Did she not take up an offer to escape, what was it, twenty days ago?" Midnight said.

"What?" Amluse turned to look at Ember who shrugged.