Test

Without the need for sleep, Charlotte spent most of the night in the forest, testing what she could do, with her mental and physical abilitied. And she didn't return to the house, until the sun was firmly in the sky the following morning.
"Finsihed having fun already?" Asked Emmett, who was watching a football game on the telly when Charlotte entered the living room.
"Physically no, I feel like I could destroy everything in this room and not get tired. But I feel like I need to rest my mind for a bit" admitted Charlotte.
"Well we'd prefer it if you didn't destroy everything in the house" said Esme as her and Carlisle entered from the other side of the room.
"It was only a joke Esme, I wouldn't really destroy your house" reassured Charlotte.
"That's good to hear".

"Do you have any plans today?" Carliske asked.
"I don't yet. Why?" Charlotte questioned curiously.
"No reason... I expect you'll be spending some more time with Seth"
"Maybe. But I don't know when or if he'll turn up today"
"There is nothing that could keep him from coming to see you, so you can pretty sure that he'll come over at some point to see you"
"That's good to know. But I promise that we'll tell you before we leave the house"
"Good. And I'd like if you stuck to the forest for now, to limit your chance of meeting any humans".

"Don't worry Carlisle, I won't do anything to risk the existance of our kind or upset you..." Charlotte faltered as she heard the sound of a car pull up in the driveway.
Her whole body tensed as she could smell a human exit the car and begin to make his way towards the house.
"It's Charlie!" Announced Edward, once he realised what was causing Charlotte to go all rigid.
"Get rid of him, and quickly" instructed Carlisle, as he ran over to Charlotte and placed his hands onto her shoulders.
"Charlotte, listen to me. Don't breathe in. I know it's tempting, but stop right now" Carlisle ordered.

The smell of human blood had already begun to overwhelm Charlotte's senses, making it very hard for her to think of anything else.
It had been over 48 hours since she had hunted in the forest, so she was a lot thirstier than when she had confronted her father.
"Carlisle" Emmett warned, as he noticed the look in Charlotte's eyes, and began to make his way over to them in case Charlotte tried to leave the room, and make her way towards Charlie.
"I know... Charlotte, listen to me, that is Bella's father, and you wouldn't want to hurt him would you" Carlisle said calmly.
Charlotte gritted her teeth, and turned to face the table behind her, before digging her nails into the marble.
"He is also dating Sue Clearwater, Seth's mother. And you wouldn't to upset Seth would you" continued Carlisle.

"Hurry up, and get him out of here" snapped Charlotte, as she did everything in her power to stop her instincts from taking over.
"It's alright. He's getting back in his car now, and soon he'll be gone" reassured Carlisle, as he looked out the window to where Edward was encouraging Charlie to get back into his car.
"I can't do it!" Screamed Charlotte as her nails continued to dent the table.
"Yes you can. You told me yourself how strong you are. You said that you've got amazing self-control" replied Carlisle.

"Jasper, you need to stop her" insisted Emmett when Jasper and Alice entered the room a second later, to see what all the noise was about.
"I can't. Changing someone's mood is one thing, but stopping a vampire from pursuing human blood, is something completely different. She will have to fight her urges by herself" admitted Jasper.
Charlotte screamed again, and broke the table in front of her, as she tried to stop herself from following her insticts and attacking Charlie.

Several moments later she heard the sound of an engine, as the car began to drive off into the distance.
Once he was definately gone, Charlotte took a deep breath of fresh air to clear her lungs, and remove the smell of human blood from her nose.
When that was done, she lent against the sofa and sighed deeply.
She then looked at the devastation she had caused, and cringed.
"I'm sorry about the table Esme" apologised Charlotte guiltily.
"Hey, I'm not worried about the table. I'm more concerned about you" admitted Esme, as she came over and hugged Charlotte.
"Don't worry about me. I'm O.K" replied Charlotte, who was shocked by Esme's reaction, and emotion towards her.

"Well done Charlotte. I know that even some mature vampires would struggle to do what you just did" praised Carlisle.
"I tried to kill Bella's father, and I destroyed your table, moments after I promised not to break your house" reminded Charlotte awkwardly.
She couldn't even imagine the kind of beating and punishment she would have recieved if she'd broken her fathers table.
"The table doesn't matter, that can easily be replaced. But what you did was amazing. You smelled a human, but made no attempt to chase after him. Charlie is alive because of your strength" smiled Carlisle.

"I didn't know you had it in you" admitted Emmett.
"He's right. Even I find it hard to be around humans sometimes, and I've had a lot more practice than you" added Jasper.
"Not many vampires could be that close to a human on their third day of this life" agreed Carlisle.
"But I didn't kill my father, and that was on my first day" reminded Charlotte.
"That's because he was your father, so your mind over-took your instincts. You also knew what to expect, as we had been planning that all day. But you had no idea Charlie was going to turn up just now, which explains your reaction" replied Carlisle.
"Your father also smelt so much of alcohol, that you could barely even tell that he was a human" admitted Emmett.

"I'm proud of what you just did, and you should be proud too" said Carlisle.
"I'm just glad that Bella wasn't here to see me react like that towards her father" admitted Charlotte.
"Yes, her and Renesmee's absense this morning was definately a good thing. But you don't need to feel embarressed about how you reacted. We're vampires, reacting to human blood, and wanting to drink it, is normal. However, you were able to deny your instincts, and remember who you are. Which is an incredible thing for someone so young to be able to do" praised Carlisle.
"Thank you... I guess I am stronger than I thought".