Chapter 1

"Oww...Stupid headache..." Mumbo moaned, stopping to lean his head on his hand. He was writing to his friend, Grian, who lived somewhat close to him. 

Hi Grian,
Don't worry, I got your messages! Really appreciate them. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you, I've been really busy with my base. That's all I wanted to say I guess, that I don't ignore your messages. Cya!
Mumbo
PS. I've had this really annoying headache for the whole day, its probably from the countless hours I've spent working on my base. Not that you would care. Just saying.

He looked at the pile of letters on his desk. All from Grian, he thought. He sighed, as he put his letter in an envelope and put it in the minecart chest. He pushed it onto the rails of the messaging system Grian had built. He watched it roll off, until it was out of sight. I should go to bed now, Mumbo thought, trudging off. That'll most likely get rid of this headache.

----------------------------------------------

"ISKALLLL HIIIIIIIIIII!!!!" yelled Grian as he burst through the doorway of Iskall's hobbit hole in the ground. 

"Oh, hey Grian! What are you doing here?" Iskall said, a bit startled by his sudden appearance. 

"Saying hi! I thought that you would want some company. And I'm a bit bored at home." Grian said, as he walked over to Iskall. "What are you doing?" 

"Just organizing my things," Iskall replied, as he dug through his chests. 

"Want some help?"

"Nah, I'm good." Iskall paused, looking at the little gremlin.

"What?"

"Don't you have a base to work on?" 

"Yeah, but I don't feel like doing that right now. See, I have a really bad headache and it's kinda distracting me from working on that." Grian explained, still watching Iskall. 

"A headache? Can't be that bad." Iskall chuckled. 

"But it is! You can't say anything because you don't have one!" Grian complained. 

"Yeah I do! But I've been ignoring it!" Iskall shot back. 

"Then yours isn't as bad as mine," Grian concluded. Iskall laughed. Grian laughed too. After a fit of laughter, the two had calmed down. 

"I gotta go back home, it's getting dark," Grian said, looking through the hobbit hole's skylight. 

"I'll see you later, then?" Iskall said, closing the chest and looking at him. 

"Yep! Bye!!" Grian waved to Iskall and headed out the door. He took off, feeling the wind on his face. He saw the stars show up, as the moon started to rise. Everything felt at peace, as he glided peacefully through the air. He spotted his base on the horizon, and the jungle underneath him parted to reveal his hobbit hole and Scar's snail. He dived down, and landed in front of his house. He smiled and walked inside, and immediately heard the loud ringing of a bell. 

Mumbo sent a message!! He thought excitedly, as he rushed to the messaging system. There, on the rails, was a minecart chest. He pushed it off the rails, stopping the annoying ringing, and opening the chest. He grabbed the letter out of the chest and tore the envelope open. His grin turned into a frown, as he saw the P.S. 

Wait, Mumbo, Iskall, and I all have a headache...that can't be just a coincidence... He thought, as he stuffed the letter into his pocket. He headed towards his bed, as it was dark already. 

That's so weird... He thought sleepily, as he laid down on his bed and drifted off to sleep.