Chapter 12

"Let me go!" he cried. He smiled, his pointed teeth gleaming.

"You know I can't do that..." he taunted. He watched his breath in front of him. "That defeats the point..."

"Please!" He yelled again, "Someone! Help me!!" 

"There's no one here..." He hissed, "No one but you and me..." Tears fell down his face; there was nothing he could do. He dropped to the ground, and laughed. "I knew you were pathetic..." 

"P-pathetic..." He said weakly, clutching the ground. "I-I can't be that..." 

"Oh, but you are," he said, laughing again. 

"No...stop..." 

He threw his head back, his laughter filling the chamber. "I'm never going to stop! Not until you're gone," He whimpered, as he watched his tears fall to the ground.

"S-stop......p-please.........." 

----------------------------------------------

Doc paced his cell, trying to be quiet to not wake up his sleeping cell mates. He looked outside the cell; it was dark, although it seemed as if something was there. Lurking in the shadows. It's probably just me... He thought, as he stared into the darkness. 

"Doc...?" said a voice in it. It startled him, as he saw Snowfall walk out of the darkness. Or, at least he thought it was Snowfall. Doc looked at him, then realized. 

"Etho? H-how did you-" Doc started, confused. 

"I need to get you out of here. I probably don't have much time but-" Etho was cut off, his eyes full of terror. The icy blue of Snowfall's eyes crawled back into Etho's gray ones, as Etho stepped back from Doc's cell. He clutched his head, and let out a deep growl, like a threatening wolf. 

"E-Etho? Cmon, man!" Doc exclaimed, "You gotta suppress him!!" Etho fell to the floor, still clutching his head and shaking. He saw dark cyan blood drip from his friend's mouth, and the fear in his eyes. 

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!" He yelled suddenly, his voice echoing throughout the cave. Doc looked over at the other cells, as the others started to wake up. 

"W-what's going on...?" Bdubs asked from his cell, then saw his suffering friend on the ground. "I-Is that Etho?" Doc nodded, as he looked back to him. 

"I'M NEVER GOING TO LEAVE YOU!!" Etho roared, "NOT UNTIL YOU'RE GONE!!"  

Etho and Snowfall... Doc thought, They're fighting... 

"Etho!" Bdubs yelled, attracting his attention, "Fight it, Etho! Fight it!" Etho howled in agony, although it was too late. His eyes were back to its icy blue, and his teeth were sharp again. He stood up, laughing. 

"You think Etho would ever try to fight me?" Snowfall sneered, "I told you he was pathetic," He walked away, leaving the rest of them shocked. 

"Can someone please explain to me what just happened?" False asked, confused. "His mind..." She shuddered, "It was a mess..." 

"I don't know what just happened either," Doc said, "But we do know that Etho is still there. And we have some hope of getting him back." Bdubs nodded. 

"I think I might know what happened..." Stress said, from where she and Iskall were sitting. They all looked at her. "They were fighting, it's happened to me before, although not like this. Having an alter ego is like having another person inside you, so naturally you would both fight for dominance. I'm guessing, since Snowfall is much stronger than Etho, he would have the main dominance, while Etho is still somewhere in there." She paused, letting the rest of them process the information. They stayed quiet, not sure how to respond. 

"We need to do something about this..." Doc said, after a moment. 

"I wish we could," Bdubs said, "Although we're still in this stupid prison." He looked at Doc. "I would be able to break out if it weren't for this STUPID BRACELET." 

"W-Why are you looking at me...?"

"YOU MADE THIS BRACELET!" Bdubs shouted, "IF I COULD TAKE IT OFF-"

"Which you can," Doc said, casually. Bdubs paused.

"...I can?" 

"Yep!" Doc said, "But...uh...without a key you cant,"

"I'm gonna kill you..." Bdubs groaned, "I'm so gonna tear you limb from limb..."

"That's totally unnecessary..." Doc said, confused.

"And when I've done that," He continued, "I'LL SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT!!"

"That's VERY unnecessary..." He said, slightly uncomfortable. 

"AND THEN," Bdubs yelled, "AND THEN I'LL SQUEEZE IT UNTIL YOU GASP FOR YOUR LIFE!!" Doc realized.

"That...doesn't even make sense." He said, "How could you tear me limb from limb, which includes my head-"

"ALRIGHT SHUT UP," Bdubs yelled, "I GET IT. I'M OBSESSED WITH KILLING PEOPLE." 

"I wouldn't say that," Doc said, "I would say you were just thinking irrationally." Bdubs scoffed.

"I'm just gonna try and get this idiotic thing off..." 

--------------------------------------------

Cleo jerked awake, panicked. She sat up and looked at the floor, a summoning circle around her. She couldn't remember anything, including what had knocked her out. 

"What the hell..." She mumbled, as she saw a demon-like symbol on the ground. She reached out, fascinated by the intricacy.

"I wouldn't touch that," said a voice. She looked up, recognizing the voice.

"Etho? What are you doing here?" She asked, as she stood up. He frowned.

"Two things. One, I'm not Etho, I'm Snowfall. And two, I came here to recruit you." She looked at him.

"Me?" She scoffed, "Why me?" 

"Well," He started, "As I saw here, you can become a demon! And you can summon ones too if I'm correct." She looked at him, confused.

"I'm sorry, did I hear I can summon demons??" She asked, "You got the wrong girl," 

"Ehhh," He shrugged. "I think I got the right girl," Snowfall frowned. "It seems you can't remember any of it..." Cleo sighed.

"Look, I don't know why you're here. And I don't know what you're talking about. Cuz I ain't a demon. There might me one inside me, but I'm not the one."

"And you're just gonna walk away?" He asked, as she turned to do that, "And live with the one inside you?" She looked back, and nodded. 

"How hard can it be?" 

"Very." He answered, his voice gone cold, "I live with one everyday. It's always urging to come out, yet I fight it back." Cleo looked at him, his icy blue eyes staring at her like it was piercing through her soul. 

"What are you gonna do about mine? If I even have one," She asked, interested. 

"I can help you," Snowfall replied, "I can help you fight it," Cleo paused, looking at him. "Well, not fight it. More of, embrace it. Just think of the power you could have!" He walked toward her, as she stared at him. "And what you can do..." His voice went quiet, as he stopped in front of her.

"So we're making a deal, are we now?" She asked, "What would you want in return?" 

"Your help," He said, "That's all."

"Fine. Deal accepted." Cleo said. Snowfall smiled.

"Shall we get started?"