Chapter 1

Rose walked into the familiar hotel, what she could almost say was her own. She had been married to Emilio for 4 years now, for no other reason than his money, though. She has some unpaid debts and needed money, that was absolutely the only reason she was married to this man. She felt nothing towards him, she could only say she had been lucky for choosing him because there were so many other rich men who were a lot worse. He was kind and didn't push her into anything she didn't want, at least he respected her.

She felt his arm on her back, her shoulders tensing up when he came too close. They had news, something to tell his family and she had never been more scared, more afraid of someone's reaction. The reaction of one person, only one... the only person she had truly cared about the last few years.

When they turned around the corner and walked towards the lounge, she saw her. Her brown hair falling loosely over her shoulders, her skin flawless, a skin she knew was the softest she had ever felt although she wasn't supposed to know that. Luisa... was Emilio's daughter. Her stepdaughter.

She could feel her hands starting to shake and once she saw that the table they were going to looked up and pointed at them, she quickly took her gaze away from Luisa, trying to look at every one. Rafael and Petra were sitting at the back, against the blue painted walls, his arm around her shoulder and Luisa next to them, having to turn her face to her left when she wanted to see Rose and Emilio. 

They all stood up from their tables, Emilio shaking hands with Rafael in a too professional way. They had always had a weird way of interacting. It didn't look like a father-son relation at all. He gave Petra and Luisa a hug and a kiss on their cheeks. Rose walked further to kiss everyone, staying a little longer near Luisa to be able to smell her scent, something that really helped her coming at ease.

"Why did you need us to come here?" Rafael asked when they all sat down. This wasn't just a family meeting, they had news and wanted to share it with them in person. Emilio to see all their facial expressions and Rose to see only one, one that she was scared of.

"We have news." He covered Rose's hand with his own, looking at her sideways. "You can tell them, darling." 

She swallowed, feeling all her nerves come up again, trying to stay as calm as possible. Her hands were still shaking but Emilio had no idea. She looked at Luisa as she spoke up. "I'm pregnant." Not only Luisa's mouth fell open, but she could also see from the corner of her eye that Rafael and Petra were shocked as well.

Petra spoke up. "Uhm, well congratulations!" She said and pulled at Rafael's arm, making sure he didn't stay quiet.

"Wow..." He didn't know what to say. "That was unexpected, but yes, congratulations."

That's when all their faces turned to Luisa's, waiting for an answer, Rose's with the most concern written on it. She could see Luisa struggling with the idea of her having a child with her father and that was confirmed when she stood up. "I... I'm sorry, I have..." She mumbled out, pointing towards the door and walking away at a fast pace. Without thinking, Rose stood up, wanting to go after her, but being stopped by someone who grabbed her hand.

"Let her go." It was Emilio. "I don't know what's going on, but she'll come back." 

Of course, he didn't know what was going on, Rose thought. They were sleeping together, he didn't know any of that. And she wasn't so sure she was coming back tonight, that's why Rose really needed to check up on her, she needed a chance to explain.

She decided to sit down for a few more minutes while Rafael and Emilio kept talking about the hotel, but Rose didn't hear a lot of the conversation, her mind somewhere else. Thinking about what Luisa would be going through right now. What she's thinking. If she's drinking. That's when Rose jumped up. What if Luisa would be drinking? It would be her fault and she wouldn't be able to forgive herself. She had been sober for more than a half year now, but every time someone brought the word alcohol up, there was still some kind of desire in her face so of course there would be a big chance that she's drinking again.

Emilio looked up, his brows pulling up in confusion. 

"I have to go check up on Luisa, see if she's alright." She explained and Emilio took her hand in his, Rose still not comfortable in his touch.

"She will be okay." He started. "It's probably something with Alison, I heard they broke up." That's what she didn't know. Luisa and Alison broke up? She knew it was hard for Luisa but she couldn't help but feel somewhat relieved. However, she doubted that it was the reason she ran away.

"Yes, but still. She could have some support if what you say is true." She started. "I would feel much better if I could help her." She laid her hand on his shoulder, knowing that helped to get his approval.

"Okay." He knew that keeping her here didn't help, she wasn't interested in the conversations he had with his son and he couldn't blame her for that, he was happy she was so concerned about his daughter and that they got along so well.

She walked away, fastening her pace when she was out of sight as fast as she could on the high heels she was wearing. She would be there as fast as she could, just to make sure Luisa wouldn't start drinking right now.

The 10th floor was one of the hallways she'd been most, sneaking into Luisa's penthouse and staying there as long as she could without Emilio getting suspicious. She stopped at the white door, leaning against the wall, trying to calm her nerves before she knocked three times. "Luisa?" She asked. "Are you there?"

No answer. She had no idea where she could be, of course, her room was the first place she came to look because that was the only place she knew where she could be, except for the bar. She started to walk back to the elevator when she heard a sound coming from behind the door. So she was in there.

"Luisa, I know you're in there." She tried, she knew it wasn't going to change a lot, but all she could do right now was try.

"Go away Rose," sounded from inside. "I don't need you, I want to be alone." 

"Luisa, please let me explain." She just needed a chance to explain, that was all she was going to ask from the woman behind the door.

"I don't need an explanation. You had sex with my father and are now pregnant. I totally get it, Rose!" There was so much anger in her voice, but she sounded- to Rose's relief- very sober.

"I'm sorry Lu." She said very sinsere, she didn't want Luisa to be hurt and she knew she was. 

"Go away!" Luisa screamed through the door and suddenly a lot of noises were heard in the room, it sounded like there was glass broken, Rose ran closer towards the door.

"Luisa, are you okay?" She asked.

No answer.

"Lu?! Lu?! Can you hear me?" She tried opening the door, but it was locked, what wasn't surprising.

She didn't answer. Something happened and Rose stood outside, unable to help or to even know what was going on.

Hi everyone!

I was kinda bored so I decided to start another fic. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter and a lot of drama will follow. mwhahahah.

Anyways, I finished my other story this week and I wanted to thank you all for your support, I really appreciate it. I love it when people vote or leave comments :) thank you!

See you soon!

XXX